Spots will ruin this for me! Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProperPrincess

Reaction score
Every month... We all know what that means... I get chin spots! Two or three and they are big and red! I really need a long term solution but I haven't got time for that! I have an interview Tuesday! And I know myself I'll have another or they will still be there! Anyone have a home remedy lol. Any tips to at least get them "on there way out" before then!

I get the same thing, acne vulgaris? I went on cileste they cleared up and I have beautiful perfect poreless skin, but if I stop taking it they come back with a vengance! Hehe Topical antibiotics are great, they take a couple days and you can get it from your doctor, but they stop working after a couple weeks. Also I've heard hemerroid creams are good for just about everything lol. Good luck :) x

I am feeling your pain, I suffer too every month and have 3 underneath BIG spots at the mo they are sooo painful and huge !!

I am on antibiotics from the doctor :(

If you find a solution let me know xxx

I'm the same to :( covered in them at the moment it's so depressing!

I find it really hard to retail skin care products an promote facials when my face is like a dot to dot picture!
I start doing microdermabrasion from next week so hopefully doing a course on my skin will help me.

Bloody hormones hey!

Good luck with your job interview :D

covered in them at the moment too! Just posted a thread asking for advice :( try toothpaste! dries them out x

I get the occasional breakout and a couple of (naughty I know) sunbeds really helps. Great for the confidence too.

I know as a nurse I shouldn't be advocating it but I don't smoke and it's only once or twice a year I do it.

Good luck.

Have you tried pure Lavender essential oil. As soon as I feel a spot coming I apply neat Lavender essential oil directly on the spot, morning and night and they always go within a few days. Both my sons suffered with teenage spots and both of them used Lavender essential oil (only at night though as they wouldn't go out smelling of lavender) and it really helped with their breakouts.
Lavender is one of the only essential oils that can be applied neat directly onto the skin. It has anti-imflamatory, anti-bacterial and anti-septic properties so is great for spots etc. I wouldn't be without it.
Do make sure you buy from reputable suppliers ie boots, holland & barratt if buying on hight street and that it has the botanical latin name on the bottle, most common ones are lavendula augustifolia or lavendula officinalis. Some retailers sell essentail oils without this and they are generally poor quality.
Hope this helps

Silly question but have you tried yea tree oil? I bought the tea tree oil range from the Bodyshop and it has worked wonders for me. Since I had a coil fitted a year and half ago around my monthly visit I break out like mad. Never happened when I was on the pill!

I suffer will dreadful skin but since using garnier pure a face wash, toner and moisturiser my skin is fab I also use a spot serum in the same range which I apply to any break outs twice a day and this helps to clear it up (I'll check when I get home the exact names of the products). I have done lots of research to clear my skin and I found any thing with 2% saliclyic acid in it helps to keep skin clear. Hth x

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Have you spoken to your doctor? If it's a monthly issue then perhaps contraception can help long term.

To take the swelling down quickly and relieve pain try aspirin. Use soluble aspirin with a little dot of water, make a paste, apply to the area, leave to dry, rinse off. Simple, cheap and effective! If you google it there are ways to make aspitin masks for longer term use.

I went to the docs and got something its almost like a bingo dabber bottle. Put that on for a month and clears it up and prevents it. Sorry cant remember the name but doctor should know what you mean. Brilliant stuff dont even have to us it anymore.

I went to the docs and got something its almost like a bingo dabber bottle. Put that on for a month and clears it up and prevents it. Sorry cant remember the name but doctor should know what you mean. Brilliant stuff dont even have to us it anymore.

I used this at one point.. I think you are on about zineryt? Xx

Every month... We all know what that means... I get chin spots! Two or three and they are big and red! I really need a long term solution but I haven't got time for that! I have an interview Tuesday! And I know myself I'll have another or they will still be there! Anyone have a home remedy lol. Any tips to at least get them "on there way out" before then!

Tooth paste drys the spot up. When I get a spot I put tooth paste on it over night and the next morning it's dried up x

Yes think thats what its called in a white bottle with a yellow/white label on it. I didnt think it was working at first but stuck with it and it does. Its a topical antibiotic.

I suffer too... really good advise from all... thanks :)

Quinoderm which you buy over the counter. I'm a GP, pm me if you want my acne advice regime which is what I was advised to use by the national acne society after 2 courses of roaccutane with no improvement and having severe acne from the age of 11. I incidentally have fantastic clear skin but if I let the regime slip for one week the spots rapidly come back.

I have two HERO products that I cant live without because I know they work for me.
Mineral veil from bare minerals, I compact it on a spot like a little mask and if I am having generally rubbish skin I brush it all over at night!
The other one is elemis herbal lavender repair mask! Again I generally just apply it to a spot, loads at night and even during the day under my make-up I use it like a concealer.
Neither dry the skin or bring the spot to a head, just makes them vanish in a couple of days!!

I use this for any brides that break out at the last minute which if given a couple of days do really work it has already been said but, dab tea tree oil on twice a day and use the aspirin paste method, magic!

You should try Simple blackhead eliminating face scrub a few times per week. It's gentle but works.

Latest posts

Back