Eyelash Tints and other treatments while developing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carron

Reaction score
Im just wondering if anyone carries out any other treatments while there waiting on the tint to develop on the client?

I had a customer say that a place she used to go would do her underarms while the tint was on

I dont think I would be very happy doing any waxing treatments just in case the clients opened their eyes!:eek:
I have done a few hand or feet massages which is a bit more relaxing :biggrin:

I do facial waxing while tint is on, I always ask my client of they are ok with this first, if it is there first time tinting and waxing I wouldn't I would do the tinting then wax basically to see how much they flinch, squirm move there head etc. x

I've had a client ask for a lash tint when i was short on time and so she had it during the mask part of her facial and i did a head massage during this time.

I also have one lady that has the front lower legs waxed during her tint. She asked for it one time when i was very busy and we had done both treatments on her previously. She is fine. She is the kind of lady that doesn't flinch whatsoever.

However, it isn't standard practice. I'd stick to a little hand massage, or do their brow tint if they are having both xx

hi, i find theres not really enough time to just incase you needed to catch a watery eye or fix a fallen eye pad. i prefer to keep an eye on it. but like maxine says if they are a regular and used to it then why not? i sometimes just rub their temples to relax them or some ladies just want to chat chat chat!

I always give my clients a hand massage whilst their tint is taking. They're always pleasantly surprised so it's a nice little extra.

Don't think I could do another treatment, I'd be scared they would move and get tint in their eye!
Rhiannon x

i was quite like OMG when she said it but then i did get thinking if a client was running late and booked in for 1/2 leg then to do the fronts while waiting but i do have a few clients that eyes just start to water when they see the wax pot so i dont think i'd chance it on them

I'm so busy most days I use it as a chance to make myself a cup of tea!!

I have this done. Sometimes i'm not after pampering, just efficiency.

I have a regular who has a pedi and a lash tint and I polish her toesnails while the tint is on. It is time-saving and sometimes clients want you to be quick, they have busy lives too.

I usually do a brow tint while the lashes are processing or like some others have mentioned I will finish off other bits of treatments such as polishing toenails. Sometimes I will do a lash tint while the mask is on during a facial. I wouldn't do any other treatments though as there is too much chance of flinching and opening the eyes. Sometimes I eat my lunch while doing a tint, the lunch room is only separated from the beauty room by a thin curtain and my clients know that I am just next to them incase of any stinging. I usually don't like to leave a client at all during a tint but if I didn't I wouldn't have the chance to eat at all.

As some geeks have already mentioned there are some other treatments that can be carried out while the client is under tint.

I don't think leaving clients though at any point is correct.

My opinion only, you're all entitled to do as you see to be fit for yourselves.

Peace and respect.

Jacqui xx

That's true Jacqui, we were taught strictly to never leave a client with a tint on. When I do I'm still sitting about 3 feet away from them just on the other side of a curtain and we can still hear each other. It just gives me a few seconds to eat half a sandwhich without bringing food into the treatment room. I work back to back all day so have to take any opportunity to eat when it comes.

I do tinting and waxing so if the client has come in for tinting as well as waxing Ill do the small areas while it's developing like underarms or if client pressed for time I'll begin legs . I'll never leave the client, I'll keep chatting and asking if they are comfortable. I haven't tried it yet but a friend of mine places a damp cool folded over face washer or a cool eyemask pad thingy (can't think of what they're called) over the eyes while tint is developing as its more comfortable and helps the client keep their eyes closed without effecting the tint development.

The only thing i do is an eyebrow tint!!

I would NEVER leave my client i sit at the head of the bed if anything i will wash the tint dish and the sink is about 1 meter away from the bed then i will get nice warm water at cotton pads and buds ready to take it off!!

I thinks its unprofessional to eat even if it is just in the next room or where ever! Im busy to but i rule myself my lunch out!! Even if someone asks for an appointment that my lunch i need it! Its there own fault for not booking in advance!

I dont even do waxing of any kind i would rather wait 10mins knowing the my clients eyes are safe!!

I wouldnt mind doing one while the face mask was on as they are lying down but i think it spoilts the nice relaxing facial! I like to complete treatments then do the next one! Not do bits in the middle.

With manicure/pedicures i paint the nails then get them to lie down and do the tint this give the polish maximum drying time!

We all do our own thing thats what makes us different!

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

I give them a hand massage :)

Latest posts

Back