Eyebrow tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaigeRosexxx

Reaction score
Hi so I’ve been doing tinting for years now and I have been doing brow lamination for around a year. Anyway, I had a regular client in yesterday for her brow lam, which includes a tint & shape, her brow tail on her left brow didn’t take! The rest did! I thought this was so odd. She had hair but very fine, compared to the other tail. So we tried another 3 times, leaving the tint longer, doing it darker, the hairs tinted but the skin around it was still pale underneath like there was no pigment. It didn’t look really noticeable when I sat her up on the bed and she said it’s fine she can pencil it but I felt bad and because I knew it didn’t take I couldn’t help but realise it. I said I feel like the hairs are just mega fine and this is why it hasn’t took this time and as the hairs are at different cycles it doesn’t seem to be as full. Why has this happened? I’m now sat here thinking what if it happened on someone’s full brow? It’s annoying me how it’s just the tail of the brow lol!

Hi Paige

I have had some clients with brow hair so fine that the tint didn’t show up. If you can barely see the hair it doesn’t really matter what colour it is.

You shouldn’t be tinting the skin intentionally when you do a brow tint. Yes clients love it but skin tinting isn’t a safe thing to do - most we can hope for is the equivalent of fake tan, something that wears off very quick.

Hair and skin is organic so it does sometimes have off days when it won’t tint as well. Check your oxidant is less than 3 months old as this is the most common explanation of poor tinting experience.

If you ever have this happen with a full brow, just suggest to the client that they wait 48 hours and then return within a week for a top up tint. It will only take moments, cost pennies and restore client goodwill.

Hi Paige,

Just to add, I have a client with totally different eyebrow thicknesses on each eye. Imagine how weird it was that one day I noticed that one brow was looking so much lighter than the other one after tinting. We laughed about it at the time and I just added a tiny amount of black tint over the paler brow and she went away happy. Explaining that hair thickness was the reason for lack of uptake of tint.

Several years later the hairs have never grown back thicker on the fine hair brow. So I just still add more black to dark brown tint to help balance the look as best as we can.

Medically my client is healthy, she has no thyroid nor low iron levels which can sometimes be a root cause of hair changes. It is just her and mother nature ;) !

Latest posts

Back