Spray Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi,

I am just starting my NVQ Level 3 which includes spray tanning and I need to buy a kit. What are the best spray tanning kits for mobile and salons?

I see Sienna X in all the wholesalers but your advixce would be appreciated.

Thanks,

M :lol:

Hi,

I just got mine the other day and I found that buying them seprately was cheaper. I got a maximist XL machine (which is ideal for both mobile and salon use) from ebay for £149.99 which came with 250ml bottles of 8% 10% and 12% solutions and i got my tent that came with 10 pairs of sticky feet from health and beauty wear wich after tax and postage was £47.20. So all in my kit was under £200

Hope that helps :) x x

Don't do eBay! It may be cheaper why do you think that is?

Buy from a company it's a lot safer. They will fix it if it breaks in like 2 years. Never buy solution from eBay, chances are its gone off!

eBay is awful for buying beauty stuff

I have sienna x and it's great. Great company x

It was from suntana I got it. They have an official ebay shop. The same machine is on they're website for £145 i think it is but you pay more for the postage. But i do agree if you get one off ebay you should always make sure it is an official spray tan supplier x

It was from suntana I got it. They have an official ebay shop. The same machine is on they're website for £145 i think it is but you pay more for the postage. But i do agree if you get one off ebay you should always make sure it is an official spray tan supplier x

As long as its official suppliers I'm sure you can't go wrong, never buy anything from china or someone who isn't a company. They could of used half the tan and filled it with water after. Be carful using eBay. X

try naturasun.com they have good deals on tents and machines etc and loads of good tan solution x

Thanks everyone, info is good.

I am bothered about cost and getting a good price but I would like to get the best so the outcome for my clients is the best.

So should I go with Sienna X What about St Tropez???:lol:

Sienna x. Great company and tan x

Thanks for your advice everyone.

Now I am looking at the spray tanning machines I have been told that the hvlp 5008 or hvlp pro are best - is this right?

:lol:

Get loads of samples, try before you buy!! What's right for someone isn't right for someone else!!

Stick with sienna then shop around to get the best hvlp 5008 spray machine and tent. You can always try new samples along the way, but after trialling quite a few I am happy with sienna x and most people ask for it.

5008 is def a firm favorite with tanning geeks.

Shop around, you don't have to buy a kit from the company who's solution you decide to use. Keep an open mind when it comes to solutions, contact tanning companies and most are more then willing to send samples. What one person loves another hates, although some like Sienna x seem to be more popular then others.

There are loads of threads about solutions, machines etc that you can look at by using the search button.

Personally I had the worst tan in the world with St Tropez. I have had sienna x tans and trialed their solution but prefer Nouvatan.

I brought my kit from LA Tan (fantastic deal) but I'm unlikely to stock their solution. HTH

Thanks everyone, I have seen a business in a box for sienna x from ellissons at £599 for everything.

Im starting my NVQ level 3 at the end of Feb and I need to have a kit for this so i think i'm going to go with this.

If you think you know of anything better please do let me know :) :D

Thanks everyone, I have seen a business in a box for sienna x from ellissons at £599 for everything.

Im starting my NVQ level 3 at the end of Feb and I need to have a kit for this so i think i'm going to go with this.

If you think you know of anything better please do let me know :) :D

Have a look at LA Tan. I brought my kit for under 1/2 price of sienna kit with identical machine, tent, disposables, 4litres solution and loads of extra bits. If you chose to use another companies solution it doesn't matter and you can buy solution from the money you have saved and still have change! (I have decided to stock Nouvatan.)

Other companies also do cheaper packages that include training such as Nouvatan for a lot less. Don't get duped by all the satches and marketing leaflets' you could end up paying well over the odds for things you don't need/use. HTH

thanks Lil'gem ill have a look now

Thanks everyone for your help.

I just bought a HVLP 5008 starter kit from LA Tanning and it comes with loads of extras. The price was fantastic at £259

I am a very happy spray tanning bunny :D

Latest posts

Back