Spray tan gun help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzzi

Reaction score
Hey guys

I am thinking of doing a spray tanning course but am thinking of going for a cheaper kit than the one the school sell. so i am wondering if anybody can give me any tips on what kind of gun to go for? and can anybody point me int he right direction for a gun at an afford price??? thanks xx

It can be false economy to buy a cheaper gun, as with some models with bigger needle you actually waste solution in overspray. so you will only get about 15 tans per litre as apposed to 25 per litre from a more finely engineered gun. and ten tans less per litre is a lot of cash !!
The 5008 or Maximist as its also known costs around £160 from most tanning suppliers. it has been the best selling machine for 3 years and its a real cracker it will run all day and achieve around 26 tans per litre when set up correctly. but it is now becoming obselete the last batch has been despatched from the manufacturers and stocks are dwindling.
It is being replaced by the (TS50 helia) a machine that uses the same base unit as the old maximist 5008 with a new type gun and hose, it will retail at around £185.
There are 2 entry level/hobby machines also available the ts10 and ts20
I personally would not touch a ts10 as the needle is too big and if you accidently drop them they shatter inside and the motor comes adrift from the casing very easily. and it cannot be repaired
this brings me to the ts20. I received a TS20 from the manufacturer to test its a machine that is very small in comparrison to the 5008 or TS50 but has the same gun as the 5008
and I have had one of our demo Girls trialing it, She has been using it for about 3 months and to be honest she doesnt personally like it as it does look like a hobby machine not something a pro would use and she prefers the bigger machine... but the results are good and she is managing to get 20 tans per litre. the only down side has been that we have found it needs to be stood on a tray as the air intake acts like an extractor unit and all the overspray from the tan in the room is sucked in at the back and there was an incident with a few drips of tan on the floor at a customers salon.
The ts20 will give you change from £100
My advice would be to save a few quid more and grab a 5008 before the sell out :irked:

Last edited:
It is being replaced by the (TS50 helia) a machine that uses the same base unit as the old maximist 5008 with a new type gun and hose, it will retail at around £185.

Hi Steve. Just out of interest have you tried out the new gun and hose on TS50? If so what did you think? I recently brought my 5008 so have don't need to purchase another machine, just curious.

Latest posts

Back