Spray tan prices?! Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Locket93

Reaction score
I'm setting up my own mobile spray tanning business and I'm wondering what other people charge for spray tans, I live in the middle of the country and in my area there are a lot of salons who offer spray tans ranging from £15-£30.

Obviously, this is competition for me so I was thinking of charging £10 per spray tan.

Does any think this is appropriate or..? What does everyone else charge?

Thanks!! :o

Hi salons in my area charge 15-20 and same for mobile, I have just started tanning and I am charging a starting offer 8.50 just to get me started and a bit of practice I will put my price up in a week and base it on prices in my area.

Hiya, £10 is a little too cheap and doesn't give you much room to do deals. £15 is a good price and offers for £10 is good. What you need to do is write down everything you use during each spray tan; solution, disposables, barrier cream and then add say 50p for water/electric and find out how much you spend per tan. Once you see this you can really determine a good price. Hope I've helped xx

I charge £13.50 at the minute & that's because I work from home so no petrol costs/inconvenience of me travelling etc.. I will be mobile later on this year when I've bought a car & my prices then will be £16 x

I agree £10 is too cheap, start as you mean to go on, you'll soon become disillusioned if you're not earning anything and clients don't like price increases x

I would look at round the £20 mark your here to make a living! you're not making alot after you take out your costs at £10

I dont see how you can make a living doing mobile tans or a tenner. In fact i find it hard to see how you can make a decent living doing only mobile spray tans. Thats a hell of a lot of tans to do.

Thanks for all the replies :D

I'm new to this and it was just an idea for a starting price, a lot of people can't justify spending £15-30 on a spray tan when they can buy full size bottles for less. I might start at do an 'introductory offer' at £10 for the first tan just to build a customer base.

I'm not planning on making a living with spray tanning straight away - I'm a business student and I also work part time. It's just a little something to start me off and even if it doesn't take off it's not a lot of money to lose :)

Thanks for all the replies!!!

I like you locket work another job so my tanning income is extra for me, I don't do it to make a living, my living is made from my week job which pays all the bills.

anything I earn from tanning is my money to do as I please with :) I will be using some of this money too train with CND in acrylic nails so I can offer nails & tanning, these go really well together.

spray tanning is very profitable.

Good luck! x

You need to base your price on your tan, there are one or 2 in my area who charge £10 for unknown tans,I charge £15 for sienna x and so far I have had people say they would spend the extra £5 as I have a well know and nice tan, doesn't look cheap ect.

I'm salon and I work out how much a tan costs me, bit towards bills ect,

I however do have a 5 or more package where all tans are £10 each. I do this as I make a lot more money from it as I don't have to leave a gap between clients who are early/late so I fit more tans in.

I charge 2 prices
8hr tan £20
rapid tan £25

That way you can do offers I usual do £5 off in quiet periods x

£10 way too cheap. As my beautician friend said to me, don't be afraid to set your prices at what you want them to be as it really difficult to up your prices too much when you have your client base.

I'm thinking of using LA Tanning because there offers at the moment are brilliant as I'm just starting up. I did think £10 was a bit cheap but as I have no overheads to pay for I knew I'm making a little bit of profit - not a ton but at least a bit haha.

Do you think it'd be better to charge £15? I just wanted to make sure that I could get enough business as possible and I didn't know whether a lot of people would be willing to pay £15+ for a new mobile tanner :o

Does anybody use or have any experience with LA Tanning and if so how much do you charge? Also, with people that charge £15+ how many clients do you usually get a week?

You're all fantastic, thanks for the feedback :)

Also, I don't suppose anybody has a good idea for a name? I have writers block :( haha xxxx

Does anybody use or have any experience with LA Tanning and if so how much do you charge? Also, with people that charge £15+ how many clients do you usually get a week?

You're all fantastic, thanks for the feedback :)

I use LA Tan & I love it. I think the colour is gorgeous & always seems to give good results. They have some good offers on starter packages too at the moment. I charge £15 & Im mobile.

I use LA Tan & I love it. I think the colour is gorgeous & always seems to give good results. They have some good offers on starter packages too at the moment. I charge £15 & Im mobile.

Thanks, that's really helpful :D I did think about going for Sienna x because it's more well known but I think I'm going to stick with LA Tanning :)

I charge £20 per tan if there is 2 or more people then £15 each.

I make a pretty decent income I probably do a minimum of 10 tans per week in the summer that goes up to about 25-30 per week.

If you put the effort in and gain a good client base you can earn decent money, I always thought I would have to offer other services but haven't had too.

I think £15 for a new spray tanner is reasonable defiantly! Say it's for the first 15/20 people or the offer is only on for a couple of weeks then once you're confident you can put your prices up :) xx

I charge £20 and £15 for two.

Why don't you advertise spray tanning parties. I do a minimum of 5 people and the 'party' organiser gets theirs free. I charge £12 per person. £48 for around an hours work.

Good luck with your little venture, I love spray tans.

Thanks for all your advice, it's really appreciated :)

think i'm gonna start of with £15 and see how I go..
my kit arrived this week & i cant wait to get my course done and start up :)

xxx

I would contact your product supplier to see what their recommended price is too. Depending on your brand and target clients this will help you set your prices. You also need to work out your service cost - actual cost to you if doing treatments.
Personally I'm a bit fed up of therapists thinking the only way they can begin a new business is to offer the cheapest price.
This is damaging our industry by cheapening our profession and services. Let's stick together and charge what we are worth. The difference in product quality not service should offer clients a choice to suit their budget.
X
Good luck ! X

Latest posts

Back