Disinfectant Holder?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Storme

Reaction score
I have a barbicide holder at the moment that is tumbler that I bought to match my colour scheme. However I am so clumsy and wanted to find something with a screw on lid, to save me the problem of spilling it, as I do treatments at home where my parents live too so everything as to be put away when clients are done. With me being clumsy spill it all the time on the floor or walking up the stairs. It's mainly for stuff like tweezers, nail equipment to soak for an hour after all treatments or to sit on my table whilst doing treatments.

I have looked at the proper barbicide holders although they have a lid it will still spill if I drop it.

Yes it will still spill out as the lids just sit on top and don't screw on. I can't think of anything that would have that :) x

I would love the mundo ones but it still has the same problem. I once fell up the stairs and spilt it all in the carpet.
To say I am nearly 21, I am very clumsy and accident prone.
I can only think of finding a nice like jam jar and steam sterilising it and using that, however don't think it looks proffesional.

What about a coffee jar? If you washed out and took the lable off it would just look like a regular jar. You could even jazz it up a bit by sticking diamante's to the lid. Plus it would hide the nescafe logo lol. HTH x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Well you can get those pre sterilised jam jars for people who do make jam, can get my mother to put the word barbicide on it in calligraphy for clients to see.
But worried it would be unprofessional.

At home I use a hot dog jar! Lol. One of the tall screw top ones that you get the long hot dogs/frankfurters in.

I tarted it up with ribbon so it looks pretty, and just pop my tools in and screw it shut until I need them.

Ahh awesome. Definatly going to get myself a nice jam jar and decorate it then.
Also another question too. We were never told this at college, but how often do you change your barbicide, I do mine every week, but when I worked in a salon the hairdressers told me that I didn't have to. And they used had there's in for a couple of months.

Ooooh thats awesome. I hope it will fit my metal cuticle pusher, it is huge lol.

It's big, you can get lots in there, you can put your metal tools in one and your barbacide in another. It's great.

hth

Also another question too. We were never told this at college, but how often do you change your barbicide, I do mine every week, but when I worked in a salon the hairdressers told me that I didn't have to. And they used had there's in for a couple of months.

If you read the side of your Barbicide bottle it says the solution is active for 24hours! So you must change it every day for it to be effective! That's why I've gone with Mundo as its active for 5days.

I used to work in a place that used Barbicide but changed it every week and even then would over dilute it, your salon that changes every few months is shocking! You are not getting a complete disinfection if you don't follow the manufacturer's instructions please take care :hug:

Also Mundo is practically clear when diluted so I figured that would save any disasters on the carpet :D

hth

Air x

PS Fee I LOVE the hotdog jar idea! It would be the ideal size, so getting hotdogs on my next shop ;)

Last edited:
Hehe. Might have to get myself a few more jars- they're so useful. And Pringles cans. I've eaten so many Pringles this month just so I can use the cans lol xx

Ooooh more reason to buy mundo's disinfectant then!!
I have never read the side of the barbicide bottle. Silly me. Well I know now.
Yeah I don't work there now, was absolutly terrible.

I am getting jam jar instead of the beaker still as I have found one with a seal tight top going to find some nice fabric and stick it on top of the lid and paint the glass to match my colour scheme :)

I use a decorated kilner jar ;) sprayed the lid seal silver, and stuck randomly placed gems of different shapes and sizes onto it :)

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back