Help with lash extensions needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa01

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this site but already loving it!
I hope you can give me some advice??? I have recently taken a lash extension course with Marvell Lash and whilst the lashes look fab they are only staying on for 2/3 days rather than being semi-permenant! After several phone calls to the trainer at Marvell lash i keep being told that as long as the Extension is bonded to the tip of the natural lash then it will stay in place, This is not happening and i'm now having to turn clients away?
I was so excited about this treatment but that has turned to frustration so any advice would be well received.

Hi Lisa welcome to sg there are alot people that do not like Marvell lash glue. I did there course and actually going to re take eyelash extension course with eyelash emporium. X

I trained with Novalash and as per my training, I make sure that the false lash is adhered to the full length of the natural lash from 1mm above the root of the natural lash to the tip of the natural lash. I coat about 2/3 of the lash extension in glue and then stroke this along the natural lash and then apply so there is a full bond along the touching length of the lash, from the BASE of the falsh lash to the TIP of the natural lash. Hope this make sense?!x

Last edited:
I think your problem may simply lay with the Marvel Lash glue and maybe even their training (I am speaking from a few people who I have spoken to and from posts on here that neither are that good).

You do not need to adhere the whole of the natural lash to the donor lash for it to stay on for weeks. I use mainly c curl lashes and it is not possible to adhere them to the whole natural lash and they stay put until the natural lash falls out.

If I were you, I would invest in a different glue-to which there are many reputable brands and then see if that makes a difference (I bet it will).
x

Apparently Flirties do a very good glue. That's the one I'll be buying next. Yes make sure the lash is as close to the root as possible, and the bond between extension and natural lash is as large as possible. The curlier the extension though the smaller the contact area will be though as you shouldn't manipulate the extension as it will strain against the bond. :)

Thanks all, I really do think it's the glue as I am applying from root to tip. can I change glue and use it with the kit I already have? X

I have also heard that this brand is not so good... it seems to be a recurring comment in every thread that mentions it.

The quality of the product counts for a lot but I am more concerned that the trainer is teaching that it is only important to adhere the extension at the TIP of natural lash, when it's the bond at the BASE of the extension that is most important. If the base of the extension is not bonded to the natural lash, it will fishtail, turn, twist, catch, lift and of course fall off prematurely. I think if you are only attempting to bond the tip, then some of the problem lies here, in addition to whether the product is poor or not.

I do agree that with a C-curl it is difficult to bond right to the tip of the lash and in reality not always practical, but we should at least be aiming to bond as much of the extension to the natural lash as possible, as well as ensuring a suitable bond at the base of the extension. The more area bonded, means more lashes looking good for longer.

Were you given a training manual that explains application.. does this mirror what your trainer is telling you?

Sorry, I was a bit slow posting the last reply..... doh.

If you use the Search facility on here, there's loads of help on glue - with lots of recommendations.

I recently tried flirties glue based on recommendations on here, as I found the glue I was using previously a bit slow drying.

Hth and good luck :)

My friend used the rest her kit the. Change. But defo have alook at eyelash emporium I told my tutor to use it and she loves it. X

Hiya, Ive only just qualified but before doing my traing which i was going to do with marvel lash i looked on here before and quickly changed my mind to train with lash perfect i loved it and the 15 sets i have done only 1 of those sets have lasted a week and rest 2 and half to 3 weeks. we got taught to dip the very end in the glue swipe up 3 times and apply making sure at least 50 to 70 % of the donor lash was stuck to natural lash.
Im sure ur problem must be the glue, hope u get on better with a new one!

Thanks everybody I'm definitely going to try a new brand as love the effect of lash extensions. :)

Thanks everybody I'm definitely going to try a new brand as love the effect of lash extensions. :)

Just to clarify, you can use a different brand glue, with different brand lashes etc, you can mix and match, it wont make a difference, so you dont have to buy a whole new kit xx

Flirties Expert Strength is a fab glue also Iv been trialling Lash Revolutions new glue which I have now swapped over to, you can find that at Beauty Revolution and Flirties comes from Wow Factor, hope that helps

I recently did my training with marvel lash and the the sets I've done since have had no trouble staying on and are still going strong after 3 weeks although are now ready for an infill, maybe you got a dodgy glue.

I initially trained with marvel lash which was a wait of time in my option the lash curvatures, thicknesses and lengths the brand offers wasn't of a wide variety. The adhesive was very slow drying which wasn't great when you are doing a full set covering every lash as they would clump together. I've since trained in lash perfect which was amazing training covering everything and their variety of lengths thicknesses and colours of lashes was amazing but their grade A adhesive is far the best I've ever used clients losing very few lashes between top up treatments.

Hi Girls,

Please has anybody used the silicone pads to help the lashes to stand?
Apparently the lashes on it are easier to pick up from?

When you use the micropore tape to cover the bottom lashes do you cut them to suit the eye shape? When I had it done myself I found that the micropore tape made my eyes sore cos it can be slightly sharp on the edges.

Many thanks
Helena

I use a silicone baking sheet which I cut in half and then put the lashes on in little sections which make it really easy to pick up from.

I also use silicone pads. They're really good but I had one client whose eyes got really irritated by them!

Latest posts

Back