Clients experiencing EE irritation to one eye only

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutiecles

Reaction score
Advice please geeks, I have 3 regular clients who are experiencing irritation to one eye only, symptoms are red, puffy, itchy eyelid after their lash top up, I use Flirties Expert Strength adhesive which has always been fine and although I have a few clients who became allergic to it before this latest problem I can't understand how it can affect just one eye? I am scrupulous with hygiene and sterilising tweezers etc. any suggestions please? X

I'd be interested to know what other lash geeks say about this too as I've had some clients with a similar reaction. One of mine gets one really bloodshot eye that lasts a couple of days after a top up too!

Hopefully someone can help? Xx

id be interested in any answers to this also...

i have a client who after coming to me for several months has now developed an intolerance to lashes, both her eyes though and i contacted my trainer and was advised to take a break or try sensitive glue. my client didnt want to be without her lashes so we tried sensitive glue last night - im waiting to see how this works out for her :)

but... my mum is suffering from what you describe and i cant work it out as it is just one eye. she has just revealed shes changed her cleansing routine and wonders if that could be a reason. i wondered if maybe the glue has gotten too near the eyelid of this eye. i used the sensitive glue on her at her last top up an she seems to have been fine.

nothing worse as well cos you just feel awfull!!! some people do develop intolerances or allergies even after continuous use of things though and its just one of those things :( xx

Allergic or any reactions to products or treatments you use are always a bit of a puzzle and always appear out of the blue. Rarely does your client develop a reaction over a length of time - always seems to happen suddenly, ie the client can be fine for months or years and all of a sudden they might react to something.

This type of reaction is not dissimilar to other allergies we develop, ie contact allergy or reactions to certain foods or ingredients. It is a bit strange that in all these cases its only one eye but the human body isnt symetrical in shape or reaction so its quite natural that one side might react stronger than the other but its definitely a warning sign and i would highly recommend giving an odour and fumefree adhesive (developed for the sensitive clients) a go to see if your client still reacts to it. That way you can narrow it down if its the actual adhesive or one of the ingredients but the best way would be to give it a break and let the reaction calm before applying any more lashes.

If the client insists on continuing with the EE, check with your insurance and reapply the patch test to find out what product could be the cause for the reaction, this should give you a better idea of what the problem could be.

Just an additional thought, thinking about the fact that it seems to one eye, could it be the side that the client are sleeping on, thinking about the clients lashes are they longer than most? or have maybe changed length/thickness?? if they tend to sleep on the one side, it could be that they are catching their lashes on the pillow, causing friction/pulling, and maybe causing this irritation? x

Thanks all for your wise words, Wowbb I am definitely going to start them on the sensitive adhesive and see if that is any better (much as I hate using it - am yet to find a good one!!) Ruth, I had considered it may be the side they sleep on but one client said it was the opposite side..all very disconcerting when allergies just appear after a year or more!

im not keen on sensitive glue either - find it very runny and takes ages to dry!!! also it doesnt last as long for my client... :( but if it means they can have their lashes and are happy, what can we do? :) xx

I agree Evissa, hate it :-(( which one are you using? I currently have Eyelash Emporium but they all seem to be much of muchness, can't bear how long it takes to dry, one of my clients has the same probs with it as she does when I use Flirties so may as well use the better adhesive as she'd rather grin n bear it than not have her lashes!!xx

its novalash that i use. the platinum bond is amazing but im not a fan of the sensitive glue at all :( i find it quite hard to work with xx

Latest posts

Back