Spray tan business is dead!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilz

Reaction score
Hi

I hope you can help me. I have been spray tanning since October 2011. I was doing ok, not great but having a few. I have advertised in Gumtree, facebook and local shops and some hairdressers however its just quiet. I am in a rural location with no-one offering mobile spray tanning in my area. I have done promotions and have reduced my tans to £15-£20 as I offer 2 brands. I am strarting to panic as I still haven't covered the cost of all my equipment and my solution needs to be used by March. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can try to get some business in that I might not have thought of or is it just the time of year. I am continplating having to pack it in if it doesn;t pick up soon.

G x

Try and see how you go over the summer before packing it in. I have a few regulars but it is very quiet at the mo. I have a loyalty scheme at the moment where they have 5 spraytans and get their next free, tho in hindsight I should have done buy 5 get next half price (which I will do when I next get cards printed out!) good luck and hope it picks up soon for you x

i have done one spraytan since xmas eve and even have them on for 2 for 1 hoping that might bring them in but no even thats not working!

Its always quiet this time of year dont fret about it. things will pick up once the spring comes and people start showing a bit of flesh
But Valentines is coming :Love: so why not Text your clients asking them if they want a tan for then.
I have found that a personal text works better to get a response from an existing customer if we have an offer than any email, facebook add or website promo. No idea why but they always reply to a text ??:wink2:

I've just put: 'Tans for a tenner until 14th Feb. Why not get yourself an all over glow' on my facebook page.

My full price is £15. I did the same offer last year and got a nice amount of interest so hoping things will be the same this year. Jan & Feb are know to be quiet for the beauty industry though so it's no shock that it's quiet.

Think about doing a special offer (2 for 1 is good as you may get hubby & wife or 2 best friends ect..) to try and use your solution up as making something from it has to be better than throwing it out because it's gone off, but remember that offers attract bargain hunters and these clients may not come to you for a full price tan.

Baggy i would of done that offer until feb 11th Myself, as your bound to be busy on the 12th and 13th and could possibly increase your takings by 50% on those days. I can understand a reduction at this time of year, but when you have event days like Valentines, thats a time that people expect you too be busy and don't mind paying full price.

It's always very quiet this time of year...I remember first year I was in such a panic after Xmas cos I thought everyone had forgotten me...reduced prices...no difference...
Tbh for me Valentines does not bring in much either but as soon as March comes around the phone starts hopping...hold tough...keep plugging, advertising and promoting... all of a sudden your diary will be full lol😄😉😍

Steve I have cut off at 14th because the Proms start on the 16th so I will get a few people wanting to get in early for prom tans too :wink2: if I had cut off at the 10th then I would have lost those.

To be honest there are so many other tanning therapists and salons in my area I very much doubt I'd have been busy 12th & 13th if I had cut it off then as others will be doing similar offers to me.

Latest posts

Back