Best waxing product for a newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsanonymous

Reaction score
hi there I am doing waxing course tommorow and want to get on with my practice asap so I can't start offering this service alongside my nails.

I have done my research and asked my sister in law who waxes a lot what the best wax is and it appears to be Lycon, which looks very expensive.

An alternative seems to be Harley wax but no one on Salon Geek seems to have recommended that.

Can anyone make any suggestions that would be good to use for practice and/or when I have some paying clients.

As for a heating pot, it appears the Hive 1000cc is recommended a lot on Salon Geek.

Thanks everyone !

Hive wax pots are great especially the 1000cc ones..

When it comes to waxes there are lots to choice from but it depends on what you want to spend.

Lycon like Perron Rigot is an expensive wax product and when you are offering treatments the results you get from a good wax is worth the extra cost...

Do a bit of research and contact some companies and get some samples that you can try out.

Good luck..
Jack

Hive wax pots are great especially the 1000cc ones..

When it comes to waxes there are lots to choice from but it depends on what you want to spend.

Lycon like Perron Rigot is an expensive wax product and when you are offering treatments the results you get from a good wax is worth the extra cost...

Do a bit of research and contact some companies and get some samples that you can try out.

Good luck..
Jack
Thank you for your reply - stupid newbie question (again) do I ring the companies or best to e-mail? New to asking for things for nothing - any advice appreciated.

Thanks

I think its often easier and quicker to call them up and they can give you the information that you need , but its what ever you prefer.
Jack

It's so difficult when you first start out as you have a lot to lay out for and it's tempting to go for the cheaper option (we all did it). Try Perron Rigot waxes and then try a cheap wax and make up your own mind. They make your life as a professional easy and they make your clients happy.

hi there I am doing waxing course tommorow and want to get on with my practice asap so I can't start offering this service alongside my nails.

I have done my research and asked my sister in law who waxes a lot what the best wax is and it appears to be Lycon, which looks very expensive.

An alternative seems to be Harley wax but no one on Salon Geek seems to have recommended that.

Can anyone make any suggestions that would be good to use for practice and/or when I have some paying clients.

As for a heating pot, it appears the Hive 1000cc is recommended a lot on Salon Geek.

Thanks everyone !
I love Harley wax, give them a call they will send you a sample x

Latest posts

Back