Sideburn Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Therapist1992

Reaction score
I recently waxed my own sideburns off and have been left with very pale white patches where the hair used to be!! What has caused this and how can I treat it?? Its so embarassing please help!!

Surely it's white because it's an area that the sun has never reached? Much like if you waxed your eyebrows off, you'd be left with white patches.

Try camouflaging it with make-up.

I think I know what you mean. I've waxed my fluffy facial hair at the sides and my skin always looks different afterwards.

Make up applied in the area also looks odd. Foundation just won't stay put.

I have it threaded now much better

from Debbie's HTC Sense

I have waxed my eyebrows and upper lip but they dont have white patches! Have tried covering up with make up but it doesnt stay on. Will try threading when the hair grows back. How did you cover up the white patches? Thanks

Is it where the sun has never been able to get to that skin as it's always been covered by hair?

Is it where the sun has never been able to get to that skin as it's always been covered by hair?

Hi Kim, my hair, although fair and downy still managed to get tanned on my face, including the sides. Sun just bleached the hair!

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Thats what I thought it might be kim but it wont cover up with make up its really strange

It could well be where you have waxed and you still have some facial hair and it's darker than you think. Try bleaching the rest of your facial hair and see if that helps x

I have very fair hair so i dont think it would be that but i might try that if nothing else works! Thankyou x

Latest posts

Back