Different %'s of tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucy_eli

Reaction score
Hello!
I had Sienna X training last week. They advised to use 8% tan for 'normal' skin tones. Ive sprayed my friends, but they say its too light.
My trainer said 16+%'s were for performers/dancers etc ONLY. But after reading comments for the OMG tan, people are using 16% on them... im so confused!
Are the different %'s different depending on what tan solution brand it is?

Hello!
I had Sienna X training last week. They advised to use 8% tan for 'normal' skin tones. Ive sprayed my friends, but they say its too light.
My trainer said 16+%'s were for performers/dancers etc ONLY. But after reading comments for the OMG tan, people are using 16% on them... im so confused!

some brands can appear lighter,yes you could use a higher Dha, skin tone depending just let them know the darker they go the more chance it might be more noticeable coming off and may not last as long etc x

Last edited:
What is your 'usual' % to use? Im scared to use any higher! My trainer said 8% is the 'normal'. But im starting to think different. Im wanting to use OMG. I know someone who uses 20%! But my trainer kind of drilled in my head that it's wrong to use that higher %!

My most popular tan is 12%, followed by 10% with a few clients having 14%.

I do not stock 8% as nobody wanted it. I use my fast tan for an hour to get an 8% tan on myself as I am the only one who wants lower than 10%. The fast tan left on for a full 8 hours would give an approx 20% tan.

I was told 8% would be my most popular solution and the most natural looking tan when I trained but I have found out different in the real world.

Where you live and who your clients are will depend on what strength solutions you need. Younger people tend to want to be darker than older clients and if you live in a quiet area you may find people choosing lower percent tans but in the bigger towns and busier areas it seems that 12% is the most popular.

Hello!

I thought 16% would be too dark, but I have a couple of clients and they love it!! Unfortunately I haven't been able to see the end results on them but I did text them the next day for feedback and they loved it.

Hi

I completed the Sienna X training yesterday, the trainer used 8% on all the group.. i was surprised to find out how different it is on different people (if that makes sense haha).
I found that 8% made a big difference on the the people who already had tans, and you could hardly tell that the paler people had been sprayed!!

I'm just wondering if you were planning on doing a tanning party for a small group and only wanted to use one %... would you recommend 10% for everyone?

Thanks in advance

Jo x

I use sienna x my most popular is 12 then then 8 I also have 16 I didn't think it was that much darker that the 12 but have a couple that always have the darkest. I think they would have 99 if they did one lol xxx

Sorry meant to say then 10 x

These darker tans are just guide colour only. Once they're washed off they're not going to go much darker than a 12% anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

These darker tans are just guide colour only. Once they're washed off they're not going to go much darker than a 12% anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Here's a couple of quotes from clients who have gone from 12% to 16%...

"and the tan is just abit darker than the 12% i loved it hun,"

"The 16% was great, not too dark. Just perfect I'd use it again"

Personally speaking I'm like caspar the ghost so only ever use 8 - 10% so I haven't trialled it on myself because I doubt I'd like it.

But it's funny as I've had a client who has used both a 10% and 12% and she swears her 10% developed darker than the 12%?! Go figure!! :D

Latest posts

Back