Spray tan nightmare. Room filled with mist:/

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ljb

Reaction score
I'm having a complete nightmare. i really want to bring spray tanning into the salon and it just not happening :(
I'm on my 3rd machine now because they just have not been spraying properly, now i have brought an Air compressor for tan as it gives a lovely all over tan but I tried it last night and the whole room filled with mist:/
The tan looked lovely at the end but myself and the client couldn't see through the mist. I tried tightening the gun and losing it then putting pressure up on gun. I'm just not getting it. what a nightmare!!!!

What am i doing wrong really thinking of giving this up. your not taught how to use machine when doing the course but just how to spray the body.

Talk to your distributor to check that you're using the right settings for minimum overspray.

Ensure your room is well ventilated and consider an extraction fan if you don't already have one.

I dont think there is a lot you can do to reduce mist on the air compressors you would probably need to invest in an extractor fan to compensate. What machines did you use previously to the air compressor?

Would definitely agree you need extraction.
I have a small portable extraction unit one for parties in my tent, fits in the flap at the back.
Plus in my salon I invested last year in a full electric stand on extraction unit that automatically comes on when they stand on it and lights up:)with that i have nothing in the room at all..it was worth every penny.
Both of mine are washable filters so no costly filter purchases, lots f good one out there, mine are from Urban Tan.

thanks for your advise never had this problem with the normal tan machine, just this air compressor one shame it gives a nice even tan too :(

Latest posts

Back