Leaving the room during a facial.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Im after some advice. I offer a Monu Collagen Facial which lasts on hour. In this particular facial you do not massage the face and the mask is left on for up to 30 minutes. I will be offering a complementary arm massage as I dont like to short change the client by leaving the room but 30 minutes is a long time.....any suggestions......

Ps I have read the thread on nice touches to a facial but I guess what Im asking is is it that bad if I leave them for 5-10 minutes of this time. Dont shoot me.

Unfortunately I have to leave a room during facial:-( I wish I didn't but because I don't have running water in the room I have to leave to get some while the mask is on (I always change my water as I use it before I put a mask on and need fresh for removal), I never leave the room for more than 5 minutes and while I'm gone I always bring a glass of water for a client for when I finish my facial. Never had a complaint from a client but I know it would be so much better if I could just stay there :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Hello,

Personally i would say not to leave your client if you can help it, i would offer hand/arm & Foot massage while the masque is on. Or you could do a scalp massage? I don't think it would be awful to leave the client for 5 min's.

You could do a foot massage aswell?

Unfortunately I have to leave a room during facial:-( I wish I didn't but because I don't have running water in the room I have to leave to get some while the mask is on (I always change my water as I use it before I put a mask on and need fresh for removal), I never leave the room for more than 5 minutes and while I'm gone I always bring a glass of water for a client for when I finish my facial. Never had a complaint from a client but I know it would be so much better if I could just stay there :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

I'm the same. I only leave to change the water but the girl that works for me always leaves the room whilst the mask is on for 15 mins.

Thankyou for your replies Geeks :)

I will think about offering a foot massage aswell, my only concern is that I dont actually offer massage at the minute as I have very minimal strength ion my hands, I can handle it for so long but then it gets quite painful.

Damnit!

I would ask your client as some of my clients prefer 5 mins on there own to rest!! Although most of them prefer I stay with them and I do an hand/arm massage and scalp massage and they love it!! HTH xx

Do you do pedicures maybe using the booties for ten minutes would be nice for them b wid give u time to just relax in the room quietly

From the client's point of view, I really wouldn't be happy if the therapist left the room during the treatment. Obviously, I don't mean if you need to go and get some clean water as some of you do, but I wouldn't want to be left alone while the mask is on. At the end of the day, they are paying for your time.
I would do some massage/file their nails or eyebrow tint.

This is what I am worried about, I dont like to leave them. The nail file is a fab idea. I wouldnt be able to do a tint as the collage mask is an actual sheet of collagen which goes across the eyes and covers everything except the mouth! Also I wouldnt like to tint as surely the skin would be slightly sensitized?

Thankyou for all your replies :)

I had a facial at a spa nearby and they put steamed towels round my feet (I thought it was odd lol) but it was a nice touch :)

Maybe you could do a nice hand and foot scrub and moisturize/massage after?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I don't leave clients but that's my personal preference, I do a hand and arm massage or if someone carries a lot of tension in their shouldlers I massage there for 10mins, you can offer to file their nails and apply a nail treatment (such as bio's lavender base) as they dry quickly.

I wouldn't like to leave a client if the masque was covering their eyes as sometimes people can become a bit panicky and chlaustrophobic. If you are there, they tend to feel calmer. A couple of minutes is ok.

If you can't do much massage, i think a file and polish would be a nice option. You could do a nice foot cleanse, apply a masque. Do the same for the hands. Then remove the masques with hot towels and a little bit of a light moisturiser.

Or you could simply let them know that the masque will be left on and they can use the time for rest and relaxation, while you are filling out their consultation card xx

I agree with Andrea, the client is paying for your time and 30 minutes is too long to leave the client.

So is 15 minutes - my view only.

Like a lot of the others I leave the room to change the water and that is it.

I massage hands and feet whilst the mask is on.

Jacqui xx

I've had therapist leave room for twenty mins to "catch up" and make phone calls (which I could hear) and I've had a therapist give me a mini pedi during a facial. I only rebooked with one. :). Was a lovely surprise to look down and see what colour my toe nails were at the end!

Hi, CND do a fab scrub that you can lightly massage on adn then you add another cream that melts the 'bits' in the scrub and you can then do a further light massage, might be a nice touch, 5 min scrub and 5 min massage on the hands and feet, it also means that you arent using as much pressure as for a massage. I never leave my clients alone, always worry about them falling asleep and rolling of the table! xxxx

I had a facial when I was 14 an the therapist left the room twice, once whilst I was having my face steamed, the steamer started spurting boiling hot water all over my face :( was horrible as was my first facial & didn't know what to do or if this was normal. She then applied the face mask & left an it was literally burning my skin off it got really hot an really itchy & painful.
I wiped it off myself & walked out, I wasn't impressed.

So from this experience I would never leave a client whilst they are having a treatment, just incase they need to ask you a question or don't know what the normal reaction to products/equipment is.

I don't have a problem with popping out to get water as usually this should only take a couple of minutes but I don't think you should ever leave the client for longer than 5 minutes. IMO

I agree with the above alternatives such as mini pedi, hand & foot massage etc :) xxxx

i wouldnt recommend leaving the client. i agree with previous posts that theyre paying for your time as much as anything.
i had a voucher for a hour facial at a posh decleor salon and she put a heavy gloopy mask on me did a half arsed quick hand massage then said she was going to fill in my record card then abandoned me for at least 15 minutes maybe longer, i really wasnt impressed, for all i know she had made herself a cup of tea. and thats the thing while youre gone they'll be imagining what ur upto and wondering why your attention's not on them. needless to say the girl didnt realise i was a beauty therapist and i never returned to said salon.
xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I always do a scalp massage while I leave the face mask on. It feels most related to the facial and it means the client is getting a service for the whole time they are paying for.

Latest posts

Back