Tan prep advice-not just for fun!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Severnrose

Reaction score
Rant coming...... Getting frustrated with clients not preparing for their spray tans! I send them a text a few days before their tans advising them that prep is key and ask them to look at my website for full prep info. I also say if there is a problem accessing the information then to let me know (some people may not have internet access).

Keep getting people not bothering to look at it. They shave just before I turn up, have deodorant on etc. I know the deodorant thing isn't a huge issue but shaving just before could potentially leave them with marks on their legs.

I don't understand why people are going to pay £15/£20 for a tan and then not even bother to prepare for it. When I then check with them that they've prepared when I get there, they look at me as though they've done something wrong!

Does anyone else have this problem?

I wondered if the prep spray might help the shaving issue?

So frustrating, sorry winge over!

I sometimes have the same, I find it's the younger girls, they just can't be bothered!

get a prep spray in.. that's what I'm going to do. Suntana sell it so im going to place an order to keep it for in future if & when i get a lazy client come lol x

This is a copy of a text I always send to clients a few days beforehand...forget looking at website as they won't

Hi please remember to wax/shave and exfoliate 24 hrs before spray tan. No moisturiser on your body on the day of tan, deodorant/make up can be removed just beforehand and if you need to please shower early that morning. Varnish on the nails is a great protector. Give me a call if you have any questions. Thank you Jan

Hth 😊

La tan do a prep spray too and exfoliating wipes. Not tried the spray but do use the wipes, so far so good :)

This is a copy of a text I always send to clients a few days beforehand...forget looking at website as they won't

Hi please remember to wax/shave and exfoliate 24 hrs before spray tan. No moisturiser on your body on the day of tan, deodorant/make up can be removed just beforehand and if you need to please shower early that morning. Varnish on the nails is a great protector. Give me a call if you have any questions. Thank you Jan

Hth 😊

I say all that by text or Facebook message a couple of days before except for I don't tell them to paint there nails. X

I tell every client when they book in, to remember to prepare and I tell them the list of things to do and not to do. I advise them that the list can be found on my facebook page if they need to check it again at any time and I offer to send (or drop in) a preperation advice sheet to them in advance.

If when I turn up they have not done it then that is their fault and it is their tan that will suffer. I'm not spending money out on extra products or wasting my time spraying them with a prep spray because they were too lazy to do what they were told.

I just tell them not to complain if the tan doesn't last as well or they have streaky legs caused by shaving right before I showed up etc... as it is their responsibility to do these basic things to get the best results.

If they don't care about preparing for their tan then I'm not going out of my way to worry about them.

After all my clients have booked me to show up at their house and tan them. I bothered to remember their appointment, sort my kit, to turn up at the right place and on time and to have everything I need to tan them. I bothered to do my part - they need to do their part.

Thanks, I think I will advise them the most important prep info then say, for more info or if they forget please look at my website.

I know I should be more accommodating but it just annoys me that people don't care! On one hand I think it's their problem if their tan's rubbish cos I've done all I can, but on the other hand I don't want people to think I give a crap tan!

These people obviously have money to throw away cos if I was spending £20 on something I'd wanna make sure I got the best results!

One lady even said she looked at my website bit couldn't see anything, this was complete rubbish cos there are tabs all across the top with one clearly labelled 'tan prep & aftercare!' it was laughable cos she acted like I was her teacher checking she'd done her homework! Lol

Latest posts

Back