Does anyone know what this could be?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachelLynch

Reaction score
I had a verruca about 2 years ago I had it for about 3 years, nothing the doctors gave me got rid of it, it did eventually go by itself, now it used to be just of centre of my heel an now this has recently come on my foot, it's been forming for a while.

The doctor said its nothing but it looks something to me, does anyone know what it could be or if it's something I should be worried about?
Thanks x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332455611.029599.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332455611.029599.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 274
Firstly, I am not a nurse or a medical professional in anyway, but it looks like something called pitted keratolysis. (I suffer with this during the winter months when my feet are constantly in shoes/boots and often get quite sweaty.) It is a NON-CONTAGIOUS skin infection that can be caused by wearing tight or restricting footwear and excessive sweating.
The infection is characterized by craterlike pits on the surface of the feet and toes, particularly weight bearing areas.
I use surgical spirit (as recommended by my local chemist).It is recommended that a course of topical antibiotics or cream is used as pitted keratolysis is caused by bacteria.
Don't worry, the condition is fairly common I have been told!

Anyway just a thought, but I recommend you to go back to the doctor or at least a pharmacist - as they seem to know a lot!

HTH

I had a verruca about 2 years ago I had it for about 3 years, nothing the doctors gave me got rid of it, it did eventually go by itself, now it used to be just of centre of my heel an now this has recently come on my foot, it's been forming for a while.

The doctor said its nothing but it looks something to me, does anyone know what it could be or if it's something I should be worried about?
Thanks x

Looks like what is known as trench foot. An anti fungal cream is prescribed for this. I would either ask for a second opinion,or a referral to a dermatologist though as this is only a guess.
Usually trench foot goes all spongy when wet. It's common with people in the forces or who have to wear boots a lot and their feet sweat. A lot of army guys in the trenches used to get it,hence the expression trench foot.
I'm not medically qualified myself though. It does look like what my hubby had and it takes a long time to totally clear up but isn't life threatening nor contagious. Hth

Trench foot doesn't sound pleasant haha, I'll book doctors again make sure he looks properly this time because I want it gone because it is sore now and again x
Thank you x

Latest posts

Back