Calling all mobile waxers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shazzawilson

Reaction score
What wax system do you use in peoples homes and why?
Do you protect the flooring? If so what do you use?
And has anyone had any mishaps?
I'm in the middle of doing research and costing everything up. Some systems are so expensive to perform and given this climate of economic dog eat dog competition, do you thing clients notice? Thanks

Last edited:
I use warm & hot wax, Hive at the moment. I do cover the floor with a shower curtain if its carpeted.

Which systems is it you're referring to in your OP?

Phd wax is one that I've been looking at but the cost of a trt is expensive compared to pot wax.

I've heard that hive do a similar system and it's a better price, one of my tutors uses it, she says it's very good.
I've not waxed mobile and tbh I'm glad I don't have to, I did not enjoy my very short time being mobile.
Anyway from threads I've read on here, yes, take a shower curtain with you to protect flooring but also think about the boot of your car. If you had a wax spill in the car you would have to replace your boot liner and they are not cheep.
I can not remember who it was but someone on here suggested using a food cooler box to put all your wax stuff into. One with a locking lid. 1, it helped to keep the wax warm while in transit, 2 it's easier to carry to and from the car and 3, if you have to stop suddenly and the box tips over, the mess is contained and because it's all hard surface, the wax hard surface cleaner makes it easier to clean up. hth x

I always feel for you mobile therapists (takes me back) as it's a lot of lugging stuff around and a lot to remember.

You could always buy a clear shower curtain to protect the floor. I think the best bet for mobile is roller wax.

Hi,

I've never had any problems, yet ;), with doing waxing mobile, using pot wax.

I use both PHD and pot wax. I am mobile and keep it in plastic box. I dont use anything to cover floor :)

Latest posts

Back