Best rapid solution?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiggle

Reaction score
I have been using fresh indulgence rapid electric and love it but now some of my clients want a darker rapid and as electric has a 12% ceiling was thinking nouvatan 20% it La tan fast, however my real concern is the customer and the lack
of control I will have over out

Outcome? Sorry cut off bottom for some reason x it worries me x how have others got on?

I use LA Tan. My clients generally stick to the timings I suggest to them, I ask at the consultation stage what colour they are hoping for etc... and then I advise them to wash of between x & y hours.

I always ensure the client understands that the colour is in their hands and keeping an eye on the time is important. I adise clients to set an alarm on their mobile or something to remind them to wash off so they don't go too dark.

The one client I had who did manage to leave it on a whole 2 hours longer than planned (because she had unexpected visitors lol) loved her colour thankfully. She said she would have never dared to go that dark but now she has seen it she would do it again as it was lovely.

Thank you Baggybear, so you have found LA fast the best? is there much difference in longivity between the two? and also Nouvatan seems to be coming out at approx £10 cheaper than La tan, is it worth the difference , sorry and also which would you say compares best with the colour thay had come to expect from fresh indulgence.. if you know... with much thanks x

I never tried the Fresh Indulgence Electric but did try their other ranges (Caribean Indulgence & Revive) and my models liked it but LA Tan proved more a popular colour with my clients.

I decided I didn't want to stock more than 1 brand, as solution shelf life meant I would be unlikely to use them all up in time and I'd be throwing money away.

I am not 100% sure on Nouvatan 20% price but the fact that LA Tan do the BOGOF offer usually means LA is cheaper.

All fast/rapid tans longevity is going to be slightly less than having a 'normal' 8 hour solution because the DHA doesn't penetrate as deep in the layers of skin so wear off just that little quicker than a 8 hour solution but they still seem to last approx 5 days so it means weekly tanning can be done with no old tan remnants causing problems.

If your clients are used to the 12% that Electric gave them but want darker then I would advise their first 'new fast tan' (using whichever soluiton you try) should be washed off to get an approx 12% so they can compare the Electric 12% and the newer 12% and then see if they still want darker - if so leave it on for longer next time.

I believe that the colour of a fast tans go up approx 1% every half an hour it's left on, after an hour or so, so for example if an approx 8% tan is reached after 2 hours then at 4 hours would be approx 12% and 4 and a half hours would be approx 13% tan. (Hope that makes sense).

I have not tried Nouvatan's 20% yet either - thinking I might give it a go and see how much of a difference there is between the LA & Nouvatan colour outcomes as LA & Nouvatan were the joint number 1 in my solution trials, I chose LA Tan for price and the guide colour.

thank you x yes just realized a bogoff - fab!

Latest posts

Back