Wedding Fayres

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inspired

Reaction score
Im doing my first wedding fayre on sunday, primarily as an MUA. For those of you who exhibit at wedding fayres, whether hair or makeup or whatever, do you offer a free makeup / hair etc to showcase your skills on the day or offer it at a reduced price? Im not sure what the usual protocol is!

Also, has anyone got any advice? I've got my portfolio, leaflets, business cards and some rolls of mini love hearts with my logo on as a bit of a freebie. I also thought about offering a discount (say 10%) for anyone booking on the day of the fayre for their wedding. Good idea or not?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I sell wedding dresses and do wedding fairs as a dress seller not a MUA, but all the makeup and hair stylists that I have seen at fairs do demonstrations on the day - not usually a full look, normally a quick makeover e.g. one did brow makeovers and lip makeovers, some do a ten minute hairdo or demo airbrushing etc. That's just my experience of what they normally do - I've never seen a MUA not have someone on a stool getting their face or hair done, you might want to take a friend to give out your leaflets and take bookings for you. I do as I spend the fair helping brides try dresses on, so I have someone to man the stall too.

These things can get busy so I would do a spredsheet with allocated times where ladies who are interested in can write their name next to a time and still carry on browsing, if u know it is going to be a busy one maybe allocate 20min slots so you can do either just base or eyes for the brides so they can get a feeling of the make up u use.

Have u got someone to man the stand if ur busy? The extra person can advise brides on prices and if you have the date free etc if u are busy with a bride.

HTH xx

Latest posts

Back