Would you learn to do this to please your clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I do nails and tanning at the moment.

Quite a lot of my clients keep on at me about their eyebrows. "Why don't you learn eyebrow waxing, I'd have mine done". "Our whole family is blond, we'd all come and have ours tinted"

It's not an avenue I've ever ventured down because my passion is really nails. Don't even like tanning much but it's ok lol and a nice add on.

But I think there is probably a fair bit of business to be had, so I'm starting to wonder. The clients are there for me if I'd have them, or so they'd have me believe lol

If I did decide to, can you do a course just on eyebrow waxing? I work from home and don't have a separate room so there's no room for a proper couch, so would have to be done from a chair. Would that be OK?

It seems a bit odd to just add on eyebrow waxing when I don't wax anything else but I don't like to turn business down, but you know, where do you stop?

I'd be interested to hear any comments/advice.

I've just qualified doing nails and intend to expand in time, and include other treatments, but I'll decide what treatments depending on what my clients want.... If your clients want it, Tell them you are looking into it a judge their reactions. If its positive then what's stopping you? Best of luck whatever you decide though :D
Sorry can't help re the courses you'd need :(

I always take on board what my clients ask for and if there is a fair few wanting the same treatment then i will do the course. Taking into consideration that i have time or money that is. I also do a lot of eyebrow waxes on a chair i just get my clients to tilt their head back slightly :)
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Have you considered threading? Waxing just eyebrows would be a bit rubbish for you in my opinion because you would be having to heat up lots of wax for not very much.

Would also be worth considering offering facial waxing/threading if you are doing brows anyway.

Be careful, next you will get them saying that you can wax their underarms etc. so in your situation is say threading would be better for you. Hth x

Personally if i was in your position, i would do a waxing course, its my bread n butter. Im so busy with it, my therapist are busy with it, there is a huge demand expecially with hot weather for legs, underarms etc. At the end of the day if its not the avenue for you, you can choose which areas you prefer to do rather than concentrating on just brows. Also see this as a investment in yourself! xoxo

I do nails and tanning at the moment.

Quite a lot of my clients keep on at me about their eyebrows. "Why don't you learn eyebrow waxing, I'd have mine done". "Our whole family is blond, we'd all come and have ours tinted"

It's not an avenue I've ever ventured down because my passion is really nails. Don't even like tanning much but it's ok lol and a nice add on.

But I think there is probably a fair bit of business to be had, so I'm starting to wonder. The clients are there for me if I'd have them, or so they'd have me believe lol

If I did decide to, can you do a course just on eyebrow waxing? I work from home and don't have a separate room so there's no room for a proper couch, so would have to be done from a chair. Would that be OK?

It seems a bit odd to just add on eyebrow waxing when I don't wax anything else but I don't like to turn business down, but you know, where do you stop?

I'd be interested to hear any comments/advice.

Seriously, I do LOADS of eyebrows! They are easily my most popular treatment and the great thing is that they are a relatively quick treatment and when your clients get to know and trust you, they start upgrading to to other treatments you offer.

I really enjoy doing them a get a great deal of satisfaction out of doing someone a lovely pair of brows which really compliment their faces. I wax, trim, tweeze and tint and think brows have such a huge and immediate impact.

Personally, I prefer to do people lying down on my couch but I don't suppose it's impossible to do them from a chair and also, there must be brow shaping courses available that don't require you to do the whole waxing thing?

I'd definitely say go for it!:)

PB
x

I think Kim Lawless does a brow course; her work is amazing so well worth checking out.

Good advice already given, brows feature every single day in my diary.

I myself would not do brows in a chair, nor would I have them done on myself in a chair.

Its too uncomfortable. And it actually takes around 15-20 minutes to do beautiful brows and you need to have total access to front side and back of the client's face.

You also need to balance yourself and have control of the skin and the brow, which is so much easier when the client is laying on the couch.

But people do sit in chairs for this treatment don't they, so its up to you I guess.

I quite like Pinkbunny's idea of threading considering you don't want to wax any other parts of the body.

Good luck

Jacqui xx

At the moment all im doing is Eyebrow waxing, Eyelash/brow tinting and am doing really well, over the last month and a half I have had over 25 new clients and Im only working weekends. Definately worth doing, I made up a little questionaire for my clients to fill out after there treatment, basically asking what treatments they get done at the moment how often they have the treatment and what they would be interested in, this gives me a good idea on what Im going to do next x

Latest posts

Back