Waxing + Facial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautify2

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a client this evening for a Facial (including Steam and Parafin wax face mask) and an eyebrow wax, now normally I would do the Facial first, then the Eyebrow Wax as I assumed that it would be wrong to do it the other way round as your pores would then be open and skin may be sensitive and may become irritated when you apply wax mask/exfoliator etc?

In an ideal world it would be best to get the (not so relaxing) brow wax done first, then the facial. Any thoughts on this? Which way round do you do it?

thanks!

I don't know the correct answer but I would imagine I would not want steam or any kind of perfumed product on after an eyebrow wax as it could irritate or be quite sore.

I do the facial first. Then eyebrows you could do the eyebrows just before the moisturiser then massage that in nice and finish with a 5 min head massage so its still relaxind at the end. X tho iv never do that i normally just do it an the end. X

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

I'm new to waxing so I can't answer from a professional prospective but as a client I have a facial every three weeks - have done for around 18 months now and I always have an eyebrow and lip wax straight after. It was never a problem - only once I had a slight graze on my lip but fine apart from that (she doesn't steam)

x

I'd do it the way chazz said. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

It would depend what products you are using. Certain aromatherapy based products would be fine to use after waxing,ie Darphin but I would always double check with your own products contraindications.
As for paraffin wax or steam after wax there is nothing to stop you. Simply avoid this area ie placing damp cotton wool over the area so as not to go over the waxed eyebrows.
I always try to do my waxing before any relaxing treatment but it will depend on what you use product wise.
Hth

Latest posts

Back