Am I spraying right?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misslatham

Reaction score
Hey geeks, sorry to sound daft but just wanted to explain how my sprays are getting on and see if im doing it right?...
I spray vertically with a flat spray and have my dial set to 4. Im only using about 1cm of solution (thats marks on the bottle) and my clients love there tans so thats not too little is it? Xx

Would probably help if we know what system you're using? :) I use the TS50 and about 40ml of solution per tan (Nouvatan) :)

Sorry oops, i use sienna and i have the maximist xx

I don't know what you mean by set your dial to 4 but it should be about a quarter of a turn from shut if that makes sense?! I also have a maximist and I would say about 1cm is probably about 40ml so yes that's good :)
Rhiannon x

Well sounds like im doing it right :) my gun has a dial near the trigger (its a sienna gun) it has numbers on it and mine is set to about 4. Im not actually sure what the highest number is lol so i couldnt tell u how far open/closed that is lol! Need to investigate more lol x

Would probably help if we know what system you're using? :) I use the TS50 and about 40ml of solution per tan (Nouvatan) :)

Hi, can I ask what settings you have your gun on I have the same gun but noticed a lot of overspray after 1 client. Have set mine on rugby ball flat & on no3.

Previously had it set to rugby ball tall & no3 but the spray was quite narrow and there was no overspray so I'm getting really frustrated and obviously cant go to clients houses till I get it right. In desperate need for advice

Some of the 50's are set slightly different to others - Steve from Nouvatan posted a long post on here about it... mine is set to about 4... but don't let that confuse you! Use the paper roll test :) Hold a piece of bed roll up (or I guess kitchen paper?) and spray it... if you get a nice colour and it's wet to the touch BUT dry on the back of the paper it's set about right :)

I use mine with a flat rugby ball setting and about a hands width from the area I'm spraying - you WILL get over spray - but so far all my tans have turned out lovely :) even the one customer I was convinced I'd never see again has booked back in! (She wore tight clothes, walked back home in the heat wave and was planning on cleaning the house!!!! so much for my aftercare advice!) :)
although she DOES want to go darker next time ;) lol

Some of the 50's are set slightly different to others - Steve from Nouvatan posted a long post on here about it... mine is set to about 4... but don't let that confuse you! Use the paper roll test :) Hold a piece of bed roll up (or I guess kitchen paper?) and spray it... if you get a nice colour and it's wet to the touch BUT dry on the back of the paper it's set about right :)

I use mine with a flat rugby ball setting and about a hands width from the area I'm spraying - you WILL get over spray - but so far all my tans have turned out lovely :) even the one customer I was convinced I'd never see again has booked back in! (She wore tight clothes, walked back home in the heat wave and was planning on cleaning the house!!!! so much for my aftercare advice!) :)
although she DOES want to go darker next time ;) lol

I always do the paper roll test but when it comes to actually spraying its either too much or not enough.
I had a client last night, must admit wasnt as bad as last Thursday, the overspray was unbelievable but last night it was just on the floor and a tiny amount on the units. I always spray vertically and am going to spray hubby at weekend (lol) with it set on tall rugby ball and on no3.5 - 4 to see how I get on. I really don't want to go to the expense in buying an extractor just yet as I'm not that busy.
Thanks for replying:) x

I always do the paper roll test but when it comes to actually spraying its either too much or not enough.
I had a client last night, must admit wasnt as bad as last Thursday, the overspray was unbelievable but last night it was just on the floor and a tiny amount on the units. I always spray vertically and am going to spray hubby at weekend (lol) with it set on tall rugby ball and on no3.5 - 4 to see how I get on. I really don't want to go to the expense in buying an extractor just yet as I'm not that busy.
Thanks for replying:) x

Floor? Units? You use a tent?

I always spray vertically and am going to spray hubby at weekend (lol) with it set on tall rugby ball and on no3.5 - 4 to see how I get on.

Stick to "flat rugby ball". If you're spraying vertically, your nozzle setting should be vertical too.

Floor? Units? You use a tent?

Lol. Yeah using tent with towels on floor. After spraying I always clean it with soapy water and there's not much solution in it but when I clean units and floor these have solution on them. confused.com:( x

Stick to "flat rugby ball". If you're spraying vertically, your nozzle setting should be vertical too.

But I thought the flat rugby ball was if you are spraying horizontally and tall rugby for vertically or am I being thick again lol x

Nope, think about it this way, if it's a "flat rugby ball" and you're spraying up and down then you're going to be able to cover a larger surface area. If you're spraying up and down with a "tall rugby ball" then the surface area is going to be skinnier and more concentrated.

If you have your nozzle set so that it looks like a vertical line going down the middle, then you'll get the flat rugby ball shape because the spray extends further left and right than it can up and down.

It'd be easier to explain if I had time to draw up a wee picture but I'm just heading out, sorry!!

P.S. Sorry if I'm just confusing you further lol.

If your holding the gun away from you (as if your doing a tan) its the setting that's furthest to the left. Also check the air cap ring at the front the looser it is the more solution comes out. I'm also struggling with the TS50 but it doesn't help because I haven't decided on which solution to use so I'm constantly changing the setting!

Posting to keep x

Latest posts

Back