The strongest hair I have ever come across

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kate1982

Reaction score
So just wanted to share an experience I recently had.

On Saturday I had a back wax booked in on an Asian guy. (No problem there.) That was until I started. I mean wow talk about strong hair....
I am no stranger to asian hair but never come across anything like this. I use warm wax and really struggled to get the hair out. I had to go over the area twice in most places which I hate doing however his skin looked fine.
Every single follicle gave a blood spot. I also had to pluck quite a few and they were so thick. The roots were nearly a cm long!
Has anyone else come against this problem before? (I'm sure some of you veteran waxers have. What would you suggest? Hot wax next time maybe? I don't currently use hot wax but I am booked on Kim Lawless's course next week and looking forward to it.
The guy had trimmed the hair down himself to just over 1cm which should be fine but could this have made it harder to get out??

Hi there, I would def suggest hot wax for extremely strong hair - really good on super strong armpit hair lol! and seems to be a little less painful :biggrin: let us know how you get on
Holly x

What wax are you using at the moment? I have a client with pretty strong hairs (I nearly panicked first time she came to me!) but the Berins Easy wax came up trumps for me... Your customers may be even stronger and if so I'd guess it's a hot wax all the way! But that could end up quite costly and you might need to discuss with him that there will be an increase in cost but also a decrease in discomfort... :)

Latest posts

Back