Any point training in lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkknailss

www.luxetanning.co.uk #Princess
Reaction score
Once I've built up my spray tanning clients (gave up on nails, no one to practise on!) I would like to do lashes.
But gumtree is full of people offering this service! Is there any point traning if the market is full?

I did lashes because training was Bogof at ellisons last year. I wanted to do hot stone got the lashes for free.i have to say I love them. Every set I do I think I get a bit better. I do do them half price as I still consider myself as new but it is a low cost treatment so long as you cover you time I think it is a great treatment. X

If you didn't have anyone to practise nails on, will you have anyone to practise lashes on? genuine question, not being Leary in anyway.

Just lashes do take a LOT of practicing.

Do you plan on getting your spray tan customers to be models? Is that what you meant when you said your building your spray tanning up first? Xx

If you didn't have anyone to practise nails on, will you have anyone to practise lashes on? genuine question, not being Leary in anyway.

Just lashes do take a LOT of practicing.

Do you plan on getting your spray tan customers to be models? Is that what you meant when you said your building your spray tanning up first? Xx
Ah Good question! I think more people are willing to have lashes for free more than nails as people in london are so used to nss and lashes are seen as kind of luxury I suppose.
People are always quick to want something for free but when the nails dont come out perfect or you dont do it the way the nss do they arnt interested anymore!

I've only got a handful of spray tan customers, id like alot more. And as many geeks say on here its better to be a master of one than a jack of all trades.:biggrin: So basically im not planning on trainging now, its just something I'd like to do but not sure as so many people are offering them.

I have just booked to do a course, after reading trillions of posts decided on Flirties. I have built up the spray tanning and asked my clients if it was something they would be interested in - had positive interest so thought damn it Im gonna invest in myself. I dithered for ages about spray tanning and wonder what took me so long now.

You won't be dissapointed by training to do eyelashes. They are very popular and what girl doesn't want beautiful long natural looking fluttering eyelashes?:biggrin:
I'm sorry you felt you had to give up nails. It takes time and a lot of patience to learn how to apply a beautiful set of nails. Have you considered buying the nail trainer hand which is great to practice and fine tune your skills on? If you trained with a reputable company there is no comparision with the likes of nss to a top end product such as CND. Quality always wins.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.:biggrin:

I did wonder if you could find anyone as you couldnt for nails but you shouldn't do them for free you should at least cover your costs x

You won't be dissapointed by training to do eyelashes. They are very popular and what girl doesn't want beautiful long natural looking fluttering eyelashes?:biggrin:
I'm sorry you felt you had to give up nails. It takes time and a lot of patience to learn how to apply a beautiful set of nails. Have you considered buying the nail trainer hand which is great to practice and fine tune your skills on? If you trained with a reputable company there is no comparision with the likes of nss to a top end product such as CND. Quality always wins.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.:biggrin:
I am one of those people that needs the space etc do sit down properly and do it but i just dont at the moment as i've moved house and still unpacking!
My trainer has offered me to come back and do the practicle for free which is lovely! Just got to find the time to go!

I'm going to be totally honest with you.

I've had about a million and 3 enquiries into lashes but have not actually had anyone book yet...and it's been a year!! Maybe it's just my area as the girls I'm at uni with have them done regularly (they live too far from me for me to do them). Everyone always 'takes a leaflet' but no one books. I'm completely confused but just get some of your tan clients to practice on when you need to do your case studies and give them dates when the prices will go up and what to.

I hope you have better luck than I have as I really enjoy doing them but soon as I finished my case studies on my friends and wanted to charge full price, no one was interested :( x

Wow lots of different answers!

I have to say its the most popular treatment I do mobile. I do about 4 full sets and 2 infills a week at least. So for me I make a lot of money out of something I really do enjoy x

I did about 50 sets before I started charging and I'm still learning with each set xxx

I did my training with Flirties lashes in feb this year and havent stopped since :) i am a nail tech and wanted to branch out....and while they are on special offer until the end of May it is one of the best things i have done..whether it will be the same when they go up to regular price i dont know, but i have made my money back (and maybe more) already...hope this helps :)
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I'm so jealous of you all as I really found my passion with them :( I might have to do a limited offer of 50% off to try and get some business in for them! x

Lashes are my most popular treatment. The market is saturated...but there's also lots of 'techs' not fully trained or experienced.
My best advise would be to invest in yourself with good training and be prepared to practice!

From the start take before & after photos so you can compare as you're practising. Once your confident and are happy with your sets, show them off!
People love photos!
Hope this helps x

I'm so jealous of you all as I really found my passion with them :( I might have to do a limited offer of 50% off to try and get some business in for them! x

Nooooo! You stick to the prices your worth. Xxx perhaps pick a female friend or two and do them free or half price and send them out to show off your work xx

Latest posts

Back