Update on spray tanning pregnant ladies + changing insurance cover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CazCardiff

Reaction score
I've just called my insurers (Salon Gold) to update my policy from Nail Tech to Beauty (only had to pay £5 admin fee to do this) and asked about spray tanning pregnant ladies. They said its fine, just follow the Tan solution manufaturer guidlines. If they say its ok, then its ok, i'll be covered. So now I am going to get it in writing from my tanning supplier just to cover myself.

Just thought I'd pass the info on, and suggest if in doubt, Definately call your insurance company!! I was totally under the impression that I would need to buy a whole new policy to cover spray tanning, and I didnt!

xx

I've just called my insurers (Salon Gold) to update my policy from Nail Tech to Beauty (only had to pay £5 admin fee to do this) and asked about spray tanning pregnant ladies. They said its fine, just follow the Tan solution manufaturer guidlines. If they say its ok, then its ok, i'll be covered. So now I am going to get it in writing from my tanning supplier just to cover myself.

Just thought I'd pass the info on, and suggest if in doubt, Definately call your insurance company!! I was totally under the impression that I would need to buy a whole new policy to cover spray tanning, and I didnt!

xx

oooh how funny! i literally did this yesterday haha! hmm im going to be writing to nouvatan to make sure its ok to spray pregnant ladies :) i hope so because if i were preggers id definitely feel better with a tan :)

I'm with abt insurance and they don't allow spray tanning pregnant ladies, wish I had known before as I loose a lot of clients :( x

I'm with abt insurance and they don't allow spray tanning pregnant ladies, wish I had known before as I loose a lot of clients :( x

Oh that's a bummer :( that's one of the first things I asked salon gold when I took insurance with them! Lol x

Hi

would you/do you loose more in the cost of customers than in changing polices?

x

Me too - its really annoying. I'm just trying to weigh up whether its worth paying £49 for another policy to cover me - as one of my regulars is pregnant & would love to resume (i'd recoup insurance costs in 3 sprays) x:confused:

Could you insure just spray tanning with salon gold!

Could you insure just spray tanning with salon gold!

Yes think they quoted me £44 for spray tanning - but i'd rather pay the little bit extra to know I'm covered regardless of manufacturers guidelines. x

I never spray pregnant clients in their first trimester because of their changes in hormone, or post trimester . My insurance includes a list of beauty and hairdressing, I don't need to pay more ever time I add a treatment. I am in a federation with hairdressing but sure there must be beauty insurance companies that would insure lots of different treantment!! As standard 3)))

Latest posts

Back