Stubborn underarm hair when waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickieg29

Reaction score
back again for more advice!!

Im becoming confident with leg waxes as they're what all my friends seem to want, but i managed to convince two friends to let me practice on their underarms using warm wax (i know hot wax is advised for sensitive areas, but i was trained with warm wax)

1st friend- analysed direction of hair growth quite well, did small sections at a time to get the different directions, and was pleased with the result

2nd friend- tried to analyse direction of hair growth but it was quite sporadic. waxed in one direction, then waxed a 2nd time in opposite direction but some hairs were like a dunked hobnob! they were going nowhere!!! i had to get the tweezers out in the end

am i missing something :rolleyes: x

Sounds like she has strong hair. Hot wax will be best for her. You should get yourself on a hot wax course, it will make waxing a lot easier for you in situations like this.

I sometimes use warm wax for underarm but only if the hair is really fine Otherwise I use hot it removes the hair so much better. :)

hth

Sounds as though you're doing everything right. Some people have tough hair and she may have been shaving which can make it stronger.

Although with the new hot waxes we go in the direction of hair growth, if it was stubborn you could go against the hair growth, then back in the direction of hair growth.

my 1st friend had fine hair which, from your explanation daniela, will be why it worked well!
thankyou for your reply ladies!x

Latest posts

Back