Newspaper Advertising - Spray Tans

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forever Summer

Reaction score
Good evening!

I am just inquiring, has anyone ever advertised their salon/spray tanning services in the local paper?

I have been offered a slot on the front page of my local paper, and I am just wondering what sort of response to expect.

I am aware that not everyone reads it etc, but seeing as 36,000 copies go out to every home in my location, it must be worth at least one advert?

Thanks

Just an update on the previous message.

I have gone ahead with the advert, and it goes out tomorrow!

I will keep you updated.

Thanks

Thank you.

Have you ever advertised in this way before?

Good luck and let us know how it goes :)

Good luck and let us know how it goes :)

Thank you, and I will do.

I have just looked through previous issues of the paper, and although there are quite a few businesses who advertise, there aren't any in the beauty sector, therefore the response will be interesting.

Hi, good luck., let us all know how it goes. Ive never advertised in a newspaper but in my local paper a girl advertises every week and has done for the last year so she must get new clients from it or she would have stopped a long time ago me thinks.

Hi, good luck., let us all know how it goes. Ive never advertised in a newspaper but in my local paper a girl advertises every week and has done for the last year so she must get new clients from it or she would have stopped a long time ago me thinks.

If I'm honest, it's certainly not cheap (especially as I have been greedy and gone for the front page). However for this specific paper there are over 36,000 copies delivered, with an estimated 54,000 readers. There are many businesses that advertise in there week after week, so they must be seeing the benefits.

It gives me hope to hear you say someone already does it in your local area!

I'll let you know how it goes.

Sorry, just out of interest, how much did it cost you? And do you have a pic of your ad??? And what's the response?!?! Can't wait to hear!

Sorry, just out of interest, how much did it cost you? And do you have a pic of your ad??? And what's the response?!?! Can't wait to hear!

Hi,

It was originally £125 plus VAT. However I managed to get it down to £100 plus VAT. Which I feel is a great price for a front page ad.

It doesn't go out till tomorrow, so I will let you know the response next week.

The add is very similar to the attached file, however there are a few changes which needed to be made to make it more relevant for the paper (e.g. a larger font)

The size of the add is 15cm by 5.5cm

Hope that helps you, and as I said, I will let you know the response once it's out there :)

Attachments

• NEWER.jpg
    NEWER.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 401
I would also love to know how your advert goes. Im putting one in my local paper next week.

Iv tried it before a few times and it can be abit hit and miss. One ad i got a few clients,the next none but then the one after i got a few plus one regular client. But i want to try it again.

It is really expensive though! average is £40 for the same size as a credit card.

xxx

Hi,

It was originally £125 plus VAT. However I managed to get it down to £100 plus VAT. Which I feel is a great price for a front page ad.

It doesn't go out till tomorrow, so I will let you know the response next week.

The add is very similar to the attached file, however there are a few changes which needed to be made to make it more relevant for the paper (e.g. a larger font)

The size of the add is 15cm by 5.5cm

Hope that helps you, and as I said, I will let you know the response once it's out there :)

Best of luck. hope you gain lots of clients from your ad x

The paper is now online...

Attachments

• NEWSPAPER.jpg
    NEWSPAPER.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 357
Love the advert I like the colour very eye catching , hope it goes well please let us know how you get on. I think if you are going to do it you might as well pick the front page xxx

Love the advert I like the colour very eye catching , hope it goes well please let us know how you get on. I think if you are going to do it you might as well pick the front page xxx

Thank you very much. I will keep you updated.

For those of you who asked, I have a quick update on the newspaper advert.

The day the newspaper went out was the busiest day we have ever had. We were working from 8 in the morning right up till 20 past 9 in the evening!

It also helped with some of those who had inquired about us, but didn't actually book. Once they saw the newspaper they decided to book.

I will post further updates towards the end of the week.

Thanks

Great news! Sounds like it's really paying for itself :) thanks for the update x

Great news! Sounds like it's really paying for itself :) thanks for the update x

It has certainly helped to bring new customers in! I will post another update later on in the week.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back