Spray tan and sunlight!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mimo9

Reaction score
Hi guys.....hope I'm not digging up an old issue and boring everyone to death but this is a question that I have been meaning to ask since I got trained recently and it's cropped up again with a client yesterday.....does a spray tan affect the skin's ability to tan in the natural sunlight? In my own experience I think it did affect my natural tan on holiday...at least until it faded. Interested to know what you all think. xx

No it does not have any affect or provide any protection against the suns natural rays.

I'm surprised this wasn't covered in your training.

A spray tan is just like wearing a full body of make-up. It won't affect absorption of UVA rays.

I'm with Rhona - no it shouldn't affect how you tan (but obviously you can't see it....) and it definitely should have been either covered on your course or in the materials they sent home with you? I'd be worried if it wasn't... Mostly because as mentioned there is no protection from the harmful rays in spray tans and people need to make sure they are using sunscreen :)

Thank you for helping! I honestly don't think we did touch on this when I trained as there were two of us there together and neither of us remember... though it could be in the company handouts which are not in front of me just now. I have always known it offers no protection in sunlight but I just felt that I haven't tanned as well on holiday when I'd been sprayed beforehand and a client mentioned the same thing to me yesterday. Confused.com!

Latest posts

Back