Waxing issue!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prettywoman2008

Reaction score
Hi there,

I did a hollywood/ brazillian waxing course a few weeks ago. On the course it was great, we all did each others bit n bobs and i left feeling confident. But since being back in the salon i am still getting a bit stuck! At the lip area i just cant seem to get enough strech and its making it uncomfortable for the client. i have tried hanging the clients leg off bed, in the 4 position and knee to the ceiling ( which makes it a bit better) but i really wanted to be good at this type of waxing as no one in my area advertises but worried now. Any suggestions as to make my waxing life easier or is it just practice now!

Thanks for any replies :D xx

Hi there,

I did a hollywood/ brazillian waxing course a few weeks ago. On the course it was great, we all did each others bit n bobs and i left feeling confident. But since being back in the salon i am still getting a bit stuck! At the lip area i just cant seem to get enough strech and its making it uncomfortable for the client. i have tried hanging the clients leg off bed, in the 4 position and knee to the ceiling ( which makes it a bit better) but i really wanted to be good at this type of waxing as no one in my area advertises but worried now. Any suggestions as to make my waxing life easier or is it just practice now!

Thanks for any replies :D xx

maybe the client could help you stretch?

Stretch the skin right down the bottom at their bum, push the bum right into the bed and pull it up the way towards the clients head. This should help. And have your clients in the 4 position to do this :) Does this make sense?

And ps your client shouldn't need to help you. You should be able to do it all by yourself.

Mmmmmmmm i think it makes sence lol, i will give it a bash. Noticed your in glasgow Lolly22 i really want somewhere to go for my waxing, where abouts are you?

I always ask my clients to help with holding the skin taut when doing intimate waxing. There seriously is nothing wrong with this.
I've been doing intimate waxing for years and was in house trained initially then had training for insurance purposes and was taught both times to ask the client to assist when doing intimate waxing. It's what suits you and the end result is the important thing,with minimal discomfort of course.

When waxing the labia I get the client to hold one side and pull towards the same leg,outwards, if that makes sense. I also place the clients hand exactly where i want it. Ask the client to hold tight and this keeps the skin really taut and allows you to do full hair removal of the labia. I also find it helps the client focus on what she's doing rather than worrying about the process and if it's going to hurt or not.

Everyone is taught differently but seriously you will find your own method sooner or later and then you will become more and more confident. It takes time to become really competent and sometimes you will get a client who is really easy to wax and then another who has really strong terminal hair and you will feel challenged all over again,but after doing it for years like me and other therapists it will become less and less challenging and you will look back on these early days and smile.

Latest posts

Back