Which brands of massage oils do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Dunn

JD Waxing School
Reaction score
I am rebranding my male grooming service and as part of that I am looking at other brands for my products to try out to see if they are any better that the ones I am currently using.

I use pre blended massage oils for a range of aromatherapy massage treatments and I currently use Eve Taylor and Thalgo massage oils (which are both very good) but just wondered which other ones people use and can recommend...

I like to use a variety of massage oils so its not only the masculine types blends/fragances that Im interested in.

Thank you

Jack

have you tried the songbird naturals barms they have some really nice male fragrances in the range plus lasts forever :p also naturally thinking have good pre blended oils too xx

I use jojoba resin for blerks; it's got a fabulous slip to it, and I add essential oilst to it as necessary. That way they don't degrade. I often use frankincense, bergamot and cypress for a subtle and masculine fragrance.
I get all my oils and carriers from The Essential Oil Company.

Hi Jack

I introduced a monoi oil into my massage treatments which I get from Shea butter cottage.

It's a solid oil which I melt in a hot towel cabbie and then drizzle over the client. It has been well received with both female and make clients as its deeply relaxing.

Rich

I have just started using base formula, they are totally amazing and have a huge product range, they have a soothing aloe gel with spearmint which is fantastic for after waxing :)

Thank you for all of these , I shall take look and try some out.

Just want to try something different to what I use at the moment.

I love the Aromatherapy Associates range but its so expensive and often there are great brands out there that we often overlook or never find out about.

So thanks again Jack

As a LMT my favourites are Biotone and Lotus Touch who do a multi purpose luxury cream that comes out like a heavy cream, spreads like an oil without ending up oily/greasy as it absorbs like a lotion. It is good for all modalities too although I do mostly deep tissue and it is less "slippy" than some I have tried in the past.

Hi Jack

I use Naturallythinking range of massage oils and carrier oils. Wonderful - check them out.

Thanks for all these recommendations, much appreciated

Jack

Like some of the others , I too have used Base Formula & Naturally Thinking but as they are quite potent I couldn't use them in the end as they brought my hands & fingers out in a really bad rash.

I now make up my own blends & have a variety of massage mediums. I have the usual massage oil with an almond/coconut oil base; massage candles; chocolate (yum!) and my ever popular body butter which is great when it's warmed up & drizzled over the client.

I make my own blends depending on the client, masculine scent vetiver, bergamot, clary sage, pine. If your not comfortable blending oils have a selection for the client to smell. The oils that appeal are the ones they need the Benifit from. Often I just blend bergamot and clary sage as it's so relaxing. Although you do need to warn them to be careful driving after clary sage has been used.

I only use Tui / SongBird naturals products now. I actually can't sand using oil to massage with now.

Andy introduced me to them web I worked at the London marathon years back, and I've hardly touched a bottle of oil since. They are also used by premier league football team physios they are that good.

Mat

Hi Jack,

How did you manage to get the Thalgo Massage Oils...I just called them and they want me to spend £4k !!!! Was looking at Eve Taylor now?

PS: Love the washcloths

I use Eve Taylor's :)

Hi Jack,

How did you manage to get the Thalgo Massage Oils...I just called them and they want me to spend £4k !!!! Was looking at Eve Taylor now?

PS: Love the washcloths
I have used some of the Thalgo oils before ( I worked in a Thalgo spa) and they are really nice especially the ones linked to their ritual ranges.

I use the Eve Taylor massage oils and they are really nice especially the anti stress massage oil and they have a great range of facial oils as well that you can use.

Glad you like the wash cloths

Jack x

Hi Salon Geeks -

I'm merely an amateur but like good quality massage oil - I tried the naturally thinking brand, and while I like them they seem to leave behind quite an oily residue on ones hand after massage - it almost smells like linseed oil.

Some time back I was able to buy - in the UK - a particular brand that came in very thin small thick walled glass vials (maybe 10/15ml) - these were topped with a small version of those little roller balls you get in roll on deoderants. I remember the smell being very natural. The key thing was that the oil almost entirely evaporated away after massage - which meant you didn't need to wash yourself down. I would have paid about 20 pounds for one vial. Does this ring a bell at all?

Hi All

I use a brand called Absolute Aroma's - all of their oils are organic and most of my client's go back to work after having a massage hence being lightweight and not greasy - I blend the base oil's with their Essential oil's - and make muscle ache / relaxation and uplifting blend's - they are expensive to buy but if you register as therapist with Revital Health you get a discount so it saves money when you buy in bulk. x

I am rebranding my male grooming service and as part of that I am looking at other brands for my products to try out to see if they are any better that the ones I am currently using.

I use pre blended massage oils for a range of aromatherapy massage treatments and I currently use Eve Taylor and Thalgo massage oils (which are both very good) but just wondered which other ones people use and can recommend...

I like to use a variety of massage oils so its not only the masculine types blends/fragances that Im interested in.

Thank you

Jack

I usually go for the earthlite Nut Free oil at www.massagetablesnow.com. They have it for 8oz and one gallon. They are not too bad. I have clients that like the lotion which is half oil half creme so it's not too sticky. But I do purchase both of them.

Latest posts

Back