Oily skin!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs T

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
Had a young girln in to trial her Prom Make Up today. She had quite a lot of acne and her skin was extremely oily. To the point that it was actually damp and clammy.
I used a pore refining and oil control primer and then a mattifying foundation, a fine powder to set on top.
I did notice though, that 15 mins later as I was finishing off the eyes, lips etc that her skin was really slick again and the base looked like it was literally sliding off in places looking patchy!!
I don't have any spare pennies at the moment to go hunting for more oil controlling products and was hoping that someone can offer me advice on what to do???
She was happy with her make up at the end and I am booked to do her for Prom Night, however as a professional, I know that the make up isn't going to remain for the whole night due to the oil ( I have literally never seen it so bad on someone before). This is upsetting for two reasons....first being I feel that I am not giving my usual 110% if the make up disappears after an hour! and also that the Client will be unhappy after an hour for that reason!!
Help!! :cry:
Sorry for the essay :Love:

Perhaps just say to her, as you have oily skin I have used x y and z however if you want to keep your make up looking perfect throughout the night you may still need to use a light dusting of powder, and show her how to apply it. Hth :)

im not a make up artist but do agree with post above how ever use shine pads before touching up with powder thrm kleenex ones i love them theu are amazing you just dab your skin with it and it tskes excess oil of your face with out removing make-up

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I use mineral makeup, few stages first primer then veil which is a white powder then liquid mineral cover then mineral powder cover and lastly veil again. I can get oily but this stays put. If there is too much oil later in day I add more veil.

I trained in makeup but don't do it but do have oily skin myself, I don't think there is much more you can do its more down to the girls routine and what she use's, I really feel for her, maybe could you suggest you had a client who had the same skin type and the doctor was able to prescribe
Treatment (as it sounds like she needs something like that) and it helped yr client! X

Hi just wondering did you do a quick cleanse tone and moisturise?

On this type of skin the Eve Taylor Purifying range would work amazingly - if skin like this isnt prepped before the primer it can be really hard to work with

I think you may need to invest in Urban Decay De Slick setting spray, that would help control the oil and set everything in place. I've tried it and it worked really well. Also you could give her a pack of blotting sheets (or advise that she buys some) to make sure she can mop up any excess oil through the evening, the MAC ones are fantastic.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

I agree with LuvleeLady... Moisturizing the skin before hand will then mean the skin isnt trying to soak up the foundation. Also if you do not moisturize the skin it will find ways to moisturize itself by producing more oil. I think a purifying cleanser and toner and an oil free moisturizer will help massively!

Hope this helps :)

Latest posts

Back