Spraying over a 3 day old tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys
We have had a request by one of our regular customers to respay her 3 days after her tan as she wants a deeper colour.
Will this work, or will it just look ridiculous, especially if she has patches??

Thanks for our help x

Hi Guys
We have had a request by one of our regular customers to respay her 3 days after her tan as she wants a deeper colour.
Will this work, or will it just look ridiculous, especially if she has patches??

Thanks for our help x

Yaay you got to post a new thread. LOL

What do you mean by patches?
Usually you can spray over a 3 day old tan,even 24hrs later but I wouldn't do the same percentage again if it was already a dark color. Maybe a 10 over a 12 or a 12 over a 16 iykwim.
The client doesn't need to know which percetnage you are spraying, but I would think you need to take a good look at her tan, are the patches from an uneven tan application or are they from unevn fade off. The first is the technicians fault, the second is probably the clients fault for not preparing properly or not following aftercare advice. You will only know once you have done a consultation. Does she want a second coat to hide the patches or does she want to be DARK, what did she say at the initial consultation, did she ask to be really dark or is she one of those clients that doesn't want to "look silly or go orange" and then tell you afterwards that they wish it was darker.

In other words I am saying you will be the one to decide if she should have a deeper color after taking all of the above into consideration

I would just Tell her the fade off won't be great and use the same percentage that you used befor x

The client wants to be DARK! lol
Shes proper addicted to it.
She has a 12% and wants two applications of it before she goes on holiday ....

Cant u use a higher % in the first place So she doesn't need a deck. Application? I use LA tan 18% on clients like that. X

Sienna X only goes upto a 16% but this is only recommended for brown/black skin ...... Im not sure I would wanna try it on her, and Sienna wont send out a free sample bottle too which I think is a bit tight ! lol

I use SiennaX 16% on a VERY pale girl coz she likes looking dark and she looks stunning every time. Not orangey or too dark at all.

She's got literally white skin and dark hair and eyes and any lighter % just doesn't look right.

X

Iv heard sienna isn't too dark So you should be fine. This is the 18% on one of my clients x she is olive skinned anyway but I do use it on pale clients too and still is great (just not amazing wear off) x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338893517.731983.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338893517.731983.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 132

Latest posts

Back