Tried & tested, Adele Sutton's semi permanent lashcoat mascara!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAZWHU

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've read alot of posts about SEmi permanent mascara and was in 2 minds whether to go ahead and purchase a kit. I looked into a few brands, decided not to go with one of the ones that uses carbon fibres due to the clumping issue. I found a brand called Adele Sutton which is based in South Africa I believe. They had a special offer on the kit so u decided to purchase and tried it out lastnight. I must say....I am very impressed!!
There's not much info about it on the net yet but I believe it will take off in the UK very soon. The product claims to be the only FDA approved SP lash coating, has no harmful chemicals such as formaldehyde etc and is the safest around. I think this treatment is best for people who want the mascara look to last, although it definitely does lengthen still- it wouldn't replace eyelash extensions for those that want really long lashes for a special occasion etc.
When I used it yesterday- I did not curl or perm the lashes beforehand and the result was still amazing. However you can use perming solution before or heated eyelash curlers too. My client said that the lashes do not feel heavy, they're not clumped together, she was very pleased that the treatment time was less than 30 minutes and also the cost was very reasonable too. I would definitely recommend this product, will post again when I have more clients and will also try and upload pics too!

Ooo sounds impressive will mark this thread would love to see before and after pictures !

I am only trained in semi perm lash extensions but this has intrigued me for my ladies with long lashes but just want a thick mascara look ! As you have stated many reviews on this type of treatment haven't been good may be this one is it ! X

Where did you do your training? Do they have trainers in the UK? If you have just bought the kit without training I would check with your insurers to make sure that you are covered my darling, just to be on the safe side.

It will be interesting to see how the product lasts and wears as this seemed to be the problem with a lot of the other similar products on the market. :green:

I'll post pics as soon as I can. And yes hopefully it does wear / last well. Will keep everyone up to date in a couple of weeks. With regards to the insurance- my "eye treatment" certificate covers me for tinting, perming, lash extensions etc and this treatment is a mixture of perming & tinting procedures really. As yet there is not a training centre in the UK but I'm talking to them about that at the moment as I do believe it's a good idea. There's a DVD and training manual but in my opinion- training and certification should be essential. X

The fact that all the ingredients have been tested and approved safe by the FDA is going to make this one a winner. And no maintenance is required. We are all becoming more health conscious. And we need to know what we are putting on our bodies. Yes to Health and Safety on all counts!

Ooh will mark this thread as one to keep an eye on, pls let us know how long they last and comfort towards the end of there life!
🌸

Before and After pictures

Attachments

• closedlashbefore.jpg
    closedlashbefore.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 756
  • closedlashafter.jpg
    closedlashafter.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 814
That 2nd picture looks like the client's eyelid is stuck to the lashes in a way that it wasn't in the before picture?

The fact that all the ingredients have been tested and approved safe by the FDA is going to make this one a winner. And no maintenance is required. We are all becoming more health conscious. And we need to know what we are putting on our bodies. Yes to Health and Safety on all counts!

I can understand you being so passionate about this product. Is it your company?

I love the idea of SP mascara but I have yet to see one that lives up to the expectations of both the client AND therapist.

I look forward to seeing some more before and after pics. This product may be the one that we've been waiting for.

Last edited:
I can assure you they definitely weren't stuck! The bottom lashes are protected when you do the treatment on the top lashes and vice versa, it's not like when you use the lash adhesive when applying lash extensions. You apply and separate the lashes simultaneously. It's quite a simple procedure- if you're experienced in lash perming and lash tinting then you should find it easy x

That 2nd picture looks like the client's eyelid is stuck to the lashes in a way that it wasn't in the before picture?

I have to agree with Elliebee. The clients left eye(right hand side of pic) the upper eyelid looks to be pulled down on the lashes.

I agree elliebee, only time will tell and I'll keep you updated each week to see what the client says. It could be the one...let's hope ;-)
The picture may look different because of the skin around the lashes perhaps x

I have to agree with Elliebee. The clients left eye(right hand side of pic) the upper eyelid looks to be pulled down on the lashes.

I do think it's the loose skin (older client) that makes it look like that, I was asking her if there was any discomfort at all and she said no it was actually pleasant as it was relaxing laying down and didn't take as long as lash extensions. Have also just text her to see how they're doing and she said excellent. Will be getting regular updates so will pass on comments. Am trying it on someone else this week too. And would actually like mine done! Shame I can't do my own.

I'd also like to remind everyone that I am trying the product and putting honest comments/reviews etc for my benefit as well as yours. If it doesn't last or clients complain then I won't want to use it in my salon and I'll just forget the idea of SP mascara altogether- which to be honest i almost did because of the reviews on other brands- I thought this one was a good price to try out, I'm just hoping this one does last and give the clients the results they want.

Fingers crossed!

Will also be following this thread ith intrest, like the idea of SPM but have also been put off due to feedback and reviews, would be fab if one actually lived up to expectations!

Can you PM me details of cost

Thanks x

ok just a quick question and its genuine i am just interested .. but if the company is in south africa how is it FDA approved ? i thought FDA was only in america ?

Crybaby were the innovators for semi-permanent mascara and all their ingredients are FDA approved.
Having all the ingredients FDA approved is nothing new and I can't see how this product is any different.
I would think any products that are designed to be used on the eye area have to be approved.
I trained in Crybaby last year but I have taken it off my menu as it didn't really take-off.
Semi-permanent mascara is one of those marmite treatments!

Latest posts

Back