Spray tan newbie how strange

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa pink

Reaction score
Hi geeks doing spray tanning at college just to finish my level 2 beauty therapy course, sprayed my first client really excited to do it and went great apart from a round green tinge on her belly, we covered a piercing which was new with Vaseline couldn't think why this happened then it clicked she,d been soaking it all week with sea salt water how strange wouldn't of thought that would go green. My question is would there be anything I could do to that area so the tan would look ok ? Also heard people say half body tan what would that be just legs ?? :)

Hi geeks doing spray tanning at college just to finish my level 2 beauty therapy course, sprayed my first client really excited to do it and went great apart from a round green tinge on her belly, we covered a piercing which was new with Vaseline couldn't think why this happened then it clicked she,d been soaking it all week with sea salt water how strange wouldn't of thought that would go green. My question is would there be anything I could do to that area so the tan would look ok ? Also heard people say half body tan what would that be just legs ?? :)

Hiya hun,

Congrats on completing NVQ 2 and starting tanning :)
When the tan goes green in patches this can indicate there's product on the skin. Generally this is just the guide colour that goes green and the tan turns out ok after wash off :)
1/2 body tan is exactly that hun, either just legs or just top half :) hths xxx

Thank you that's really helpful :) also her legs were lighter then rest of body would going in a bit closer when spraying help ?? X

You're welcome :) How far away were you spraying hun? X

Client inside tent I was about width of a bath towel outside if that makes sense :) worried about going too close xx

Client inside tent I was about width of a bath towel outside if that makes sense :) worried about going too close xx

You can go much closer than that hun, 6-12 inches from the body will be perfect for you. Will limit the amount of overspray too :) you will just need to adjust your gun to allow you to stand a bit closer because by the sounds of it (if I understand correctly how far away you are) you will get a lot of overspray and waste a lot of solution too hun (which will be costing you money lol) :) try standing a little closer :) xxx

Thats brill I'll do that thankyou :)

Great advice from Glamoureyes. Just wanted to add don't panic if you find arm pits turning green. I always give ladies wet wipes to have a clean up with if they are getting tanned at the end of the day but even with those some deodorant or antiperspirant doesn't want to come of and some of them turn a lovely shade of green when sprayed.
It's just the guide colour and makes no difference to the finished tan. x

Great advice from Glamoureyes. Just wanted to add don't panic if you find arm pits turning green. I always give ladies wet wipes to have a clean up with if they are getting tanned at the end of the day but even with those some deodorant or antiperspirant doesn't want to come of and some of them turn a lovely shade of green when sprayed.
It's just the guide colour and makes no difference to the finished tan. x

Definitely agree with Susie! Lol x

Latest posts

Back