Client's spray tan got wet-advice, please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetyrex

Reaction score
I sprayed a client this morning but she got it wet in the rain! She came back in and it was just on arms and chest so a dapped dry with couch roll and re sprayed over but there were still patches where the rain had taken off tan. I've asked her to let me know how it develops and told her to cover up when going outside!
A client last week spilt water on her leg after a tan but it had been on a couple of hours and she said it can out fine. Not had a client get it wet straight away!
What would you do? I've offered to respray the arms and chest tomorrow.
Thanks in advance!

It should be fine once she's showered, it will probably even out. I wouldn't really spray again as there will be build up and the wash off will probably be patchy, but, stop panicking and see what happens after she's showered :)

Silly girl, didn't she realise that "not geting wet or sweaty " might mean to stay out of the rain. LOL
Hope it turns out OK , I have had them spill drinks after a couple of hours and they were fine but never directly after ( apart from tan parties where the host supplied too much wine, eek). Let us know how it came out as we could learn from this especially in these summer showers we are having

Im doing a group of 4 , maybe 5 tonight & I'm worried about the rain too. Would you advise to leave until tomorrow if they get wet? I won't have time to respray tomorrow - eek x

Im doing a group of 4 , maybe 5 tonight & I'm worried about the rain too. Would you advise to leave until tomorrow if they get wet? I won't have time to respray tomorrow - eek x

Im not a tanning geek but why respray them if they get wet from rain? Sorry just seems a bit odd lol id advice client to brolly etc to avoid the rain, its like going to a salon get your hair styled then going out in the rain no brolly then going back and saying the rain made it drop can you do it again unless of coursw you charge them then that makes perfect sense.
But i could be wrong or just mean lol :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Im not a tanning geek but why respray them if they get wet from rain? Sorry just seems a bit odd lol id advice client to brolly etc to avoid the rain, its like going to a salon get your hair styled then going out in the rain no brolly then going back and saying the rain made it drop can you do it again unless of coursw you charge them then that makes perfect sense.

Well when you put it like that .... !!!! Thanks lea x

No this does make sense because it's no fault of yours yet your using more product and time to re-spray them? Sorry I'm not a spray geek so I don't know lol! Xx

I advised my last to put her long sleeved top on to go outside( it was a loose hoodie!) bit she didn't!
So advise them to wear long loose clothing so that they don't have anywhere exposed to get wet like my lady did! And brolly as already said!
I also told my client to drive and not walk even though she's just round the corner!

I dont think it mean at all. Put in another context, if i did a set or nails and the client bit them or had lifting due to not wearing washing up gloves, id fix the nail but id definately charge... Its not my fault if they did follow aftercare!

Im not suggesting its her fault it rained, but why would you respray for free if she didnt follow aftercare as much as possible? Maybe if it was her first tan and wasnt aware getting wet affected the tan so didnt prepare for the weather id consider a free re spray, but id make sure to tell new clients when they book in to be prepared.

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

It was her first tan with me but she's had them before. Have her all the precare and aftercare. In fact one of the last things I said to her was don't get it wet! She's a bridesmaid on Sunday so want her tan to look good! I'll see what happens tomorrow!
Thanks for your advice geeks!

Tan clients don't you just love them ! I had one in today, she had been in earlier in the week for waxing and I gave her the prep and aftercare leaflet, also verbally told her everything as well.
When she arrived this morning I said, did you exfoliate, not wearing deodorant etc, she said yes . So started spraying, got to her underarms and yes they turned green ! I said have you got deodorant on ? Oh yes she said ! I said I did tell you not too and it was in the leaflet, she said oh sorry I didn't t read it ! Grrrr:evil:
Anyone know if the green washes away with the colour guide ?

Tan clients don't you just love them ! I had one in today, she had been in earlier in the week for waxing and I gave her the prep and aftercare leaflet, also verbally told her everything as well.
When she arrived this morning I said, did you exfoliate, not wearing deodorant etc, she said yes . So started spraying, got to her underarms and yes they turned green ! I said have you got deodorant on ? Oh yes she said ! I said I did tell you not too and it was in the leaflet, she said oh sorry I didn't t read it ! Grrrr:evil:

Im pretty sure I've read on here that it does, but haven't come across it myself x

Yes it does hun, it's just the guide colour that goes green :) xxx

I've had a week of 'green pits'....and all turned out perfect! Actually I've had it all this week....boy am I learning!!

Latest posts

Back