Eyelash extension client dilemma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TLC Lisa

Reaction score
Hello just wondering if I can have some advise about a client i had last night of anybody....

had a client last night who requested a spray tan and eyelash extensions (semi permanent) and was advised of the price I charge, which is £35 and explained how they are applied and how long they take

before starting I asked the client if she wanted a natural, enhanced or dramatic look and she advised natural and did not want them touching her glasses that she wears daily. Measuring the clients lashes which were 11mm i applied 13mm lashes started to apply the extensions and 10 mins in the client kept asking how much longer i was going to be. after 1 hour and 15 mins the extensions were finished.

when she looked in the mirror she said they were not what she expected and was hoping for a more dramatic look and say she just looks like she had mascara on advised that she did ask for the more natural look then she said she thought they would have been fuller (meaning up to her eyebrows) advised if she was not happy i could have applied a few longer ones and she replied she did not have time.

I was a little disheartened at this as i did what was asked of me but she was fine when i left. Ive had a call today now to say that she's been to a salon for nails and been advised they only charge £15 for semi permanent eyelash extensions. I could not believe this does anybody charge £15 for this procedure ????? her biggest gripe was that of the charge saying how expensive i was and if she'd known shed not have booked. A week previous she rang and asked how much and was told £35, so then went on to say that they were clumped (the eyelash extensions were all combed through and placed on individual lashes) and she kept on about the cost.

I asked if she had put hot water on the lashes and she said she has not washed at all and has not put mascara on either.

I offered to go back to her to check and rectify if she was not happy but insisted no that she does not have the time and still kept saying about the cost. I also offered to go back tomorrow morning but says she will ring me tonight if she wants me down tomorrow but still kept saying about the cost.

obviously i do feel slightly disheartened but my husband seems to think the salon where she went is trying to gain another customer and not to worry
any advise would be very much appreciated at this time please please please........xxx

Wow I charge £35 for infils and £70 for a full set, so she is lucky to get a full one for £35 let alone £15!

Does she really mean proper individual ones for £15? I honestly do not know what the point would be of charging £15 for such a time consuming procedure, if that is true they need their heads testing.

You have charged her for your time and skill, don't let her bully you xxx

Hello just wondering if I can have some advise about a client i had last night of anybody....

had a client last night who requested a spray tan and eyelash extensions (semi permanent) and was advised of the price I charge, which is £35 and explained how they are applied and how long they take

before starting I asked the client if she wanted a natural, enhanced or dramatic look and she advised natural and did not want them touching her glasses that she wears daily. Measuring the clients lashes which were 11mm i applied 13mm lashes started to apply the extensions and 10 mins in the client kept asking how much longer i was going to be. after 1 hour and 15 mins the extensions were finished.

when she looked in the mirror she said they were not what she expected and was hoping for a more dramatic look and say she just looks like she had mascara on advised that she did ask for the more natural look then she said she thought they would have been fuller (meaning up to her eyebrows) advised if she was not happy i could have applied a few longer ones and she replied she did not have time.

I was a little disheartened at this as i did what was asked of me but she was fine when i left. Ive had a call today now to say that she's been to a salon for nails and been advised they only charge £15 for semi permanent eyelash extensions. I could not believe this does anybody charge £15 for this procedure ????? her biggest gripe was that of the charge saying how expensive i was and if she'd known shed not have booked. A week previous she rang and asked how much and was told £35, so then went on to say that they were clumped (the eyelash extensions were all combed through and placed on individual lashes) and she kept on about the cost.

I asked if she had put hot water on the lashes and she said she has not washed at all and has not put mascara on either.

I offered to go back to her to check and rectify if she was not happy but insisted no that she does not have the time and still kept saying about the cost. I also offered to go back tomorrow morning but says she will ring me tonight if she wants me down tomorrow but still kept saying about the cost.

obviously i do feel slightly disheartened but my husband seems to think the salon where she went is trying to gain another customer and not to worry
any advise would be very much appreciated at this time please please please........xxx

If they are charging £15 well I loved too know what glue they are using as we all know our glue alone costs £25. she's trying it on don't be bothered by her let her go and get then done but I doubt a treatment that takes that long would be that cheap x

Yes, shes a bully.

I reckon £15 for ' eyelash extensions' are the semi permanent cluster ones shes talking about, or lying about.!!

She says the lashes you have done all clumped together?? have you seen them for yourself?

remember to remind her that she chose the natural look, not the dramatic look.

Many thanks for your advise I thought to my myself for £15 they must be the bulb with 3 lashes on which do take seconds considering

I have not seem them myself as each time I've offered to go back she says she has not got time but just kept on about the price and how much the other salon charged

but you have put my mind at rest and if this client ever asks for more treatment as she has the fresh indulgence spray tan with me and says shell go no where else since having it as it does not cause her to have black heads i think I'm gonna just leave this one go

Honey mummy i did remind her what she asked for and she said it didn't matter and shed call back if she wanted me to go back so i think she just wanted me to say ill refund but not doing it i did as i was asked

again many thanks for the advise it has taken a weight off my shoulders if it makes any sense but don't understand why people like that ??? xxx
thank you thank you thank you all once again xxxxx

I charged more then £15 when I first passed and was gaining experience x

Sounds like she is trying to get her money back.

I would do as you have done - offer to rectify first. If she is not happy, then remove them and give her her money back. Do not give money back without taking off the lashes first. She will soon change her mind!

Thank you julesgems I did follow first protocol of customer service and rectify but she hasn't even phoned me back once I offered this so I think it was a ploy to get her money back xxx

I wouldnt give her a refund, no way.

you havnt done anything wrong, you gave her the required treatment she asked for.

she said her lashes have clumped, but has failed to show them to you.
So why should you refund her??

What she has seen is in that other salon she went to, sahe saw it was ' cheaper' and shes kicking herself she paid you £X amount, so was dropping big hints for a refund.

I wouldnt bother contacting her again, if she ever tries to re book with you in the future, tell her you cannot take her appointment, and that she should go elewhere.

you are a lash professional, this is your livlihood and business, you do not need clients that that, not ever.

xxx

Dont feel disheartened with this person, you will get some lovely clients in the future.

xx

The woman is trying it on with you...offer to have a look at her lashes and take it from there and do not let her bully you onto giving her money back!

S

Am I the only one who finds this a bit gross?
Sorry, I started reading because this is a service I'd like to add, so I always read them for research, but really, mucky mare!

I think your hubby is right by the way x

she is trying it on.
i really dont think shes the type of client that you can offord to spend time on, im pretty sure that any future treatments you would do she would always try to haggle the price. i charge £65 for a full set and yes im pretty sure that the salon she quoted are for the cluster bulb lashes. sometimes you get people that arnt happy no matter what you do. i think you did all the right things, and if you had put lashes on that touched her eyebrows then they would of touched her glasses for sure. dont fret hunny, you have acted proffesionally x:hug:

Hi I think she is a chancer the kind of client u can do without ,stick to ur guns ,u r cheap for proper individual lashes ,let her get them don't for £15 and she will know yours r better, chances r they will be cluster or droped on :-D

Many thanks for all your very kind replies which have 'hardened' me up to date I have still not heard from her and was shocked when I had a call from her friend asking for treatment and shed given her my number ... Can't help but laugh but think I'll be letting this one go

Thank you all do much once again hugs and kisses for everyone xx

I wouldn't worry hun she asked for natural and you gave her natural, she said she wasn't happy and you offered to have a look and fix them. You've done everything you can do! As for the other salon only charging £15, I charge that but I only do the cluster lashes atm! Hope it all gets sorted :) xox

I think also someone elses charge and yours are irrelevant! She has the choice what she paid and if she wasnt happy with £35 (which I think is not very expensive) then she shouldnt have them done

Dont worry about it - unfortunately you get people like this. As long as you deal with them professionally like you have then there is nothing else you can do

ps the chinese nail place in my town does 'individual extensions' which upon asking are indeed cluster lashes!

Latest posts

Back