Wax heater - removable inserts stuck!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammiC

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a (Hi-Lift twin 1000cc) wax heater and the removable inserts I can no longer remove to clean or change over? Very frustrating! Have tried turning up the heater and then pulling out by handle but both inserts won't budge! Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks in advance!

Maybe I should add one pot is for hot wax and the other for strip. I'm having the same issue on both and until now I've been cleaning weekly.

Turn the heat up and get a metal spatula or blunt knife and put it inbetween the wax heater and the insert and slightly lever it . The pressure combined with the heat should allow you to pull it out with the handle without it snapping ....
Hope that makes sense!!..

Jack

Thanks Jack sounds like a good idea! Will give it a go. Yeah it just seems to be suctioned in with a little wax to boot!

It worked! Thanks so much! Anyone got any tips on how avoid this in the future? Does anyone spray or line their heaters with anything to reduce the stickiness or at least make removal of insert easier?

Latest posts

Back