My skincare company took money from my bank account without my permission

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chazz!!

Reaction score
Hi i did a BIG skincare order with the company we use for our facials and retail its a popular comany on hear. And i was going to pay by credit card as its for a skin event we are having. Then the girl said as i have been with company over 6 months i could have it on account and pay in 30 days which will be after my event so i should have the money then.

Well i go to fill up with petrol and and my card got declined so went and got a mini statment and they have taken the money from my personal account leaving me now overdrawn and with no money.

They are shut today so will have to ring monday. I am so mad!!
I have other bills to pay and was suposed to do an ellisons order tonight. I will have bank charges of £30 and if any direct debits come out on monday ill get more charges.

What would you say to them if this was you i didnt evan know they had my bank details saved. I feel they should pay my bank charges as i doubt the money will go straight back in. And some extra for the emarassment and inconvenence of having no money for the weekend when i had plans. X x

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Oh no! How did they have your card details? X

It seems they must save them from previous orders. As i didnt give them any card details.

I had this with a very well known spray tan company, I placed an order a week before going on holiday to ensure my staff had all the right amount of stock expecting it to leave my account ASAP like they always did. To my horror whilst having a well deserved holiday with my hubby and 2 weeks after placing order they took the money from my account twice and I came home to £175 worth of charges etc from bank. When I called to complain I got told it wasnt them it was card save who they use to take payments and would have to wait. When I expressed my unhappiness and threatened never to use them again I got laugh at and said now we don't want you leaving. Very annoying. So I did get some charges from their end and off my bank but it took months of phone calls. So don't take any rubbish and stand firm. Explain what the staff told you and that you were not expecting that and fight for it xx

If the payment was taken without your consent your bank maybe able to refund you.

The company that took the money should also be liable for any charges you have accrued due you going over drawn.

First thing Monday I would ring your bank, tell them what has happened and ask them to please investigate, while the banks can't do a lot if it's from your debit card, which shows up as pay at point, if this company have stored your bank account details they have broken the law. Your bank can, if they want to be helpful, put the money back in your account the same day and chase the company for your funds. They can also give you a list of charges applied to your account so that you can get those refunded from the company. Again it is their responsibility to refund you these.
I bank with Nat west because they will do all this for me. And because they have just cancelled their £30 late charge for overdrawn accounts. Basicly if the funds are not there, they won't pay it, but they don't compound the problem by charging me for it either.
As grace said, stand firm when you talk to the company, write it all down before you ring them so you don't forget something while you are on the phone and good luck x

This happened to me before, and because of the fact the money has been took without your permission, it's classed as fraud. So give your bank a call and explain the situation, they should be able to help.

Im so anoyed thay i cant do anything about it untill monday. I shall be bored today with no money. I was suposed to be doing a food shop. X

I have rang them and i am waiting for a call back. They are looking into what happend. X

Let us know how you get on!! Hope it all gets sorted x

If they dont refund the charges or accept responsibility for their unauthorised action.. then name and shame!!

Good luck and hope you get it sorted

I am still awaiting a call back if they sort everything with out me have to make to much of a fuss and my money is back along with charges asap i will put it down to an mistake and let it go this time but i will be asking that they do not store my bank details anymore.

If i have to make a big fuss i will be naming and shaming. X

You really need to sort this out with them.

Naming and shaming is against site rules so I am closing this thread now as there is nothing else that can be done to help here.

I sympathise with you but this site is not set up to referee disputes such as yours as it leaves us open to legal action by the aggrieved party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back