Nouvatan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leannemay

Reaction score
Hi guys, I do mobile spray tanning alongside my hairdressing. I've been using Suntana, I love it and have all positive feedback so won't be switching BUT when I started out I bought a trial 12% Nouvatan and tested it on myself, my boyfriend sprays me (he's done it lots of times so I'm pretty sure it wasn't his fault) I went really streaky and orange, we were going away for the weekend and each day it just looked worse! Any reasons why? I prepped as I usually would. I am also pregnant and was 12 weeks at the time, maybe that was the reason? I dont want to believe Nouvatan is always like this because a lot of you rave about it, but why would it have gone so orange and streaky on me?

Hormones can have an effect on the result try it on someone else x

Can I ask how you preped? Different brands have different preps, I used to used Sienna X and they recommend exfoliation and moisturising the night before the tan where as Nouvatan recommend just exfoliation.

at 12 weeks your hormones would be going absolutely mad - it would VERY likely have affected how your skin reacted to the tan. Remember that your skin is changing massively at this stage - loads of extra elastin etc will affect how the DHA reacts - I would avoid any tans until some time after you have had the baby - of any brand tan.

I exfoliated just before it was done. I've had a suntana tan since and that turnt out fine. I wonder if it was because I was 12 weeks pregnant but now my hormones have calmed down a bit? I'll try it again soon

It might be the hormones but could also be the exfoliation or any products you have used like shower gel etc. generally I would say to exfoliate 24 hrs before the treatment and avoid showers before the tan as shower gels and shampoos can change the ph level of your skin and effect the tan outcome!

It will most probably be your hormones! They have a lot to answer for. If you prep'd as you normally would & you say your bf has done it before it must be. Nouvatan definatly doesn't have an orange tinge. When I was pregnant I had a St Tropez tan & it completely washed off my skin the next day, no residue what's so ever! Pregnant bodies ey!!
X

Latest posts

Back