Sending patch tests to clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nietta

Reaction score
I've seen posts a while ago about lash technicians sending out patch tests to clients?
How do you do this without the glue drying? What do you send it in? And how can you ensure that they do the test?

I would check with your insurance on this as my understanding is that the onus is on YOU, as the therapist to carry out the patch test and go through the consultation form with the client.

I have recently heard of a client who sued a therapist who didn't do a patch test. She got almost £1000 and is now bragging that it was "Easy Money"

We have to ensure that we do everything we can to discourage these type of claims. Otherwise we ALL end up paying when our premiums go up.

Sorry, have just re-read this and it sounds like I was having a go at the OP. I wasn't, I just got on my soapbox a little bit there!

I couldn't agree more here...no matter what treatment is being refereed to.
The onus is on the therapist to undertake a patch test...by posting stuff out to a client is simply not good enough or professional...how do you know the client actually does the patch test and if she dopes does she do it properly...what if things go wrong when she does it.

Any patch test should be undertaken by a professional ...simply because its ..well...professional and at least on hand in the event things go wrong..
Better safe than sorry...especially in this day and age where people just love the opportunity to sue for money.

If all goes wrong your clients health is at risk...as is your reputation and that of this industry

HTH and im off me soap box also now :o

I would check with your insurance on this as my understanding is that the onus is on YOU, as the therapist to carry out the patch test and go through the consultation form with the client.

I have recently heard of a client who sued a therapist who didn't do a patch test. She got almost £1000 and is now bragging that it was "Easy Money"

We have to ensure that we do everything we can to discourage these type of claims. Otherwise we ALL end up paying when our premiums go up.

Sorry, have just re-read this and it sounds like I was having a go at the OP. I wasn't, I just got on my soapbox a little bit there!

I woulndt have takent that personally don't worry! I totally agree. I always do my tests in person, if they can't have, or don't want one, they don't have the treatment. I've seen a few posts on the subject so wondered how many people do it this way and just can't see it being safe!

I wouldn't have takent that personally don't worry! I totally agree. I always do my tests in person, if they can't have, or don't want one, they don't have the treatment. I've seen a few posts on the subject so wondered how many people do it this way and just can't see it being safe!

always good to be a pro and consider the clients well being as paramount ...of course not withstanding your insurers requirements so always worth checking with them first

Good luck

Latest posts

Back