Spray tan for dark/black complexion skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanmequick

Reaction score
Hi to all,

Today I just had the most unusual (unusual for me.. maybe for others is just normal) request for a tan what came from a girl with a darker skin complexion. Darker that I am used to tan so I had to boost with drops the 14% solution what I had with me (and thats the highest % I use on my regular clients) to a 16.5% to enhance her skin and even like this was barely noticeble.. but I had no trouble with the tan apart of me beeing very nervouse...

My question is how many of you done spray tan on really dark/black skin complexion clients?

What procentage solution did you use considering the darkest Ive found on the market is 18% Tandare .

Do you think is there any market for this kind of tan?

I would really like to read your opinions on this subject.

Hi to all,

Today I just had the most unusual (unusual for me.. maybe for others is just normal) request for a tan what came from a girl with a darker skin complexion. Darker that I am used to tan so I had to boost with drops the 14% solution what I had with me (and thats the highest % I use on my regular clients) to a 16.5% to enhance her skin and even like this was barely noticeble.. but I had no trouble with the tan apart of me beeing very nervouse...

My question is how many of you done spray tan on really dark/black skin complexion clients?

What procentage solution did you use considering the darkest Ive found on the market is 18% Tandare .

Do you think is there any market for this kind of tan?

I would really like to read your opinions on this subject.
There are many darked skind types and even africans that like to get a tan and more or less any percentage will have some tanning effect all be it noticable in varying degrees.
The tandare you use is more than adequate as any DHA concentrate aabove 18% is really only a sales gimmick and doesnt make any more difference whatsoever to the tan outcome.
In fact to high a DHA concentrate can cause severe DHA overload resulting in poor or broken fading
HTH

I was thinking to start offering treatments for black skin complexion but I do not want to stock up if is no real market there for this....in 4 years since I started tanning I had one person with dark skin complexion asking for a spray tan.

How many of you offer 18% or 20% DHA treatments and how much does actual sell?

My younger Sister is half Nigerian. I often spray her with LA Tan Gold 10%. It doesn't really make her look darker but it makes her skin very even and glowing. I don't use the Gold solutions on any ones else as I think they can look a bit orange, on darker skin it looks amazing!

Hi,

Mel B is one of our clients. She uses our Super Express™ City Tan™ 'Miami' with booster drops and looks fabulous. There are some pictures on our facebook page somewhere. Aviva Labs | Facebook

Mel leaves the Miami tan on on for the full 90mins. Fairer skin clients just shower off after 30mins and for a mid tone tan leave on for 60 mins before showering.

There are two other colours in the Super Express™ City Tan™ range, Hollywood is a deep golden tan and LasVegas is more of a Mediterranean tan with a very subtle redish tint. There is no point in leaving these products on the skin for longer than 90 minutes as DHA delivery is shut down after this time and your client will not go any darker.

By the way, agree with Collin, once you push above 18% you really are the realms of DHA overload and it really does not matter which skin type you are dealing with.

Latest posts

Back