Can anything actually remove tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyQueen88

Reaction score
My boyfriends sister just called me saying her friend has had a dodgy tan and it's on her hands. Asking if there was anything they could do to remove it. As far as I know there isn't anything that can remove it? Am
I wrong? Advice please xx

Last edited:
Our one is 100% organic so not sure if will work on those not.. but a mix of sugar and olive oil... HTH

there have been many posts on here about this,do a quick search. I am sure you will get loads of information

Going over the area lightly with an Emery board or pumice stone will remove tan from the palms. I also do this if I have s darker patch on my knees. Make sure you don't over do it though as you don't want to make the skin sore xx

this is a strange one but works soap powder and a little water. rinse very well and apply a very good hand cream after. best of luck :)

Toothpaste usually works well for me : )

Thanks ladies :) xx

Toothpaste which has whitening agents in it. Rub in like hand cream & keep on for 20 mins - prepare to balk though!!! x

Swimming pools with chlorine in the water get rid of tan. I know because I had a spray tan, went swimming and come out of the pool with no tan.
Lemon juice removes it also.:lol:

Agree with the microfiber cloth, I've just done my feet (I didn't use a barrier cream and it had gathered on a dry spot) bit of water and a good scrub, it all came off. Palms are notoriously difficult to remove tan from tho

Get some tan remover wipes from somewhere like Sallon Services ( Sally's)

Latest posts

Back