Complaints!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thinkpink2008

Reaction score
Just looking to get some geeks opinions, a few weeks ago for my hen do I went to a spa for the day. I decided to treat myself to a decleor express facial, I find as a therapist i never get round to treatments myself! I went into the waiting room along with my mom & auntie as we all had the same slot, a girl came through and fetched me to the treatment room, she never introduced herself which to be honest I found unprofessional I only knew her name from looking at her badge. She left me to get ready while she read through my consultation card. She returned and began my facial,in conversation I mentioned that is was my hen do and also I'm a qualified therapist, (don't know how u lot feel but if I know I'm doing another therapist I'm usually even more careful than usual to make sure it's perfect) she cleansed, exfoliated, masque, massage then moisturised and that was it. I know it was only a 25 minute treatment but I was always taught to start with a double cleanse then tone which she didn't do? I was then sent back into the waiting room to relax before going back into the spa area. It was 1.23 when I got back in there, I hadn't left there til 1.07 so I had a total of 16 mins in treatment room! My auntie came back 5 minutes later and my mom another 5 after her, we all had the same treatment and went in at same time! My therapist never went any further than my throat with anything, I got no hot towels or anything like that which both the others did.
After a lot of deliberation I decided to speak to the manager and they did do the treatment free of charge but I still felt let down. What's your opinion on it all? Sorry for long post!

I would also say that she was more unprofessional by short changing your treatment rather than not telling you her name, which to be fair was on her name badge!

And by not charging you for the treatment they done all the can to rectify the situation, unless you want to make a compliant in writting about BT stating you want some for displinary action against her for ruining your hen do, what else can be done?

If it was me I would just move on and not go back there again or recommend them and be grateful i didnt have pay for treatment!

As for telling her that you are a BT, this can effect people in different ways, some people find it uncomfortable dealing with fellow therapists as the feel their work will be judged more and can put them off or others like yourself are ok with it.

When i have told people that im an MUA on the odd occasion i treat myself to a makeover i have always been left dissapointed too and short changed as they feel they can get away without doing a full treatment 'cos your in the industry' and dont see you as long term client as you can do the job yourself so wont be coming in for regular treatments like non indusrty professionals.

Last edited:
if i knew i was doing a treatment on another therapist my confidence would be all over the place, i don't think it's fair to tell the therapist you are also one, maybe this is why she were disappointed x

I always tell therapists that i am also a therapist. It shouldn't make you nervous unless you aren't confident in what you're doing. It doesn't make me nervous in fact its good to get feedback i think!
This treatment obviously wasn't up to scratch though! But Im sure they had words! So not much else can be done in my opinion. Hopefully she's learnt her lesson! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

What about your second facial?
Was it better?

Just looking to get some geeks opinions, a few weeks ago for my hen do I went to a spa for the day. I decided to treat myself to a decleor express facial, I find as a therapist i never get round to treatments myself! I went into the waiting room along with my mom & auntie as we all had the same slot, a girl came through and fetched me to the treatment room, she never introduced herself which to be honest I found unprofessional I only knew her name from looking at her badge. She left me to get ready while she read through my consultation card. She returned and began my facial,in conversation I mentioned that is was my hen do and also I'm a qualified therapist, (don't know how u lot feel but if I know I'm doing another therapist I'm usually even more careful than usual to make sure it's perfect) she cleansed, exfoliated, masque, massage then moisturised and that was it. I know it was only a 25 minute treatment but I was always taught to start with a double cleanse then tone which she didn't do? I was then sent back into the waiting room to relax before going back into the spa area. It was 1.23 when I got back in there, I hadn't left there til 1.07 so I had a total of 16 mins in treatment room! My auntie came back 5 minutes later and my mom another 5 after her, we all had the same treatment and went in at same time! My therapist never went any further than my throat with anything, I got no hot towels or anything like that which both the others did.
After a lot of deliberation I decided to speak to the manager and they did do the treatment free of charge but I still felt let down. What's your opinion on it all? Sorry for long post!

This is all I do for an express facial.

What did you hope for in a 25 minute treatment?

Curioius to know why you felt you had to tell her you were a therapist, if you were a secretary would you have mentioned it?

If a therapist performing a treatment asked me what my job was I would tell her but I wouldn't volunteer it.

You say you pondered for a while on what to do and then made a complaint and received the treatment for free.

Do you feel you wanted to do more? Did you want the management to go further?

If it was a few weeks ago I am not sure what it is you are still unhappy about?

hi

i hve to say im quite a new therapist and although ive a distinction in facials and know he products i use i do find that im still building my confidence. if someone told me they were a therapist i would defo be more nervous. i dont think nerves is a bad thing tho. i know exactly what im doing and have the job and qualifications to prove it but i just get nervous, cant explain it but i do put it down to the fact that im still fairly new to this. however even if i were doing the treatment on a floow therapist i would be super meticulous.... and yeah that time frame is a joke. in an express facial i do that but i do it over a thirty minute period. theres no way you could have felt the full benefits of the mask etc.
x

I had a treatment before somewhere with my mum. My mum was taken in for her 1 hr 30 min treatments at 2pm, the assigned time. I was taken in by my therapist (the assistant manger) for my 1hr 30min treatment at 2.10pm...already 10 mins late, which is fine, people run behind, i get that. I was supposed to have 60min hot stones, but 2.50 I was told to get dressed and leave the room. I was supposed to be having 30min indian head massage, I thought I maybe had a different therapist. I then overheard the conversation with the other client she had taken in...turns out she hadnt read her diary properly and i was supposed to be in the room still. She came back out and told me not to bother getting undressed and just get on the bed...this was gone 3pm by now. Once again I was dressed and out of the room by 3.25pm...my mum was still in treatment.

I was so dissapointed that I asked to speak to the manager. When she came out I explained what had happened, and I quote 'Well xxx has never done this before, so...'
I then explained I had paid more for the hot stone treatment, and all I got back was £5. I was disgusted.

Since then I have told people I'm a therapist when I have treatments, this normally comes up in conversation. For example 'where do you find you hold your tension?'
'in my shoulders, most likely due to my work' which often leads on to a conversation, which you can have a good old natter about various products/treatments and experiences.

I wouldnt say that telling them you are a therapist is a bad thing? If anything, you have more things in common so the conversation may flow better :)

Sorry for the essay, thought I would share an experience. x

In my opinion, I would never tell any therapist I am a therapist myself. Even if they ask I will say that I work for myself at home (which isn't lying as I do :D) I don't feel comfortable telling therapists I'm a therapist just to get a more thorough treatment, I am a paying customer, I would like to be treated like a general customer!

I think asking a client what their profession is is a bit personal, I usually just ask where they would like me to concentrate on, they usually tell me where they want me to concentrate and then tell me their profession.

As for your treatment, I think every spa/salon uses different timings for facials and uses different techniques and routines. The spa I was at used Decleor but their timings were different to cover themselves time wise so the express facial was 20 mins, we usually had time for 25 mins which clients are really happy about.

Leanne
X

If u think u could do a better job then this is a good thing right?

I for one would feel very happy tht I could offer a better treatment than a spa!!!

Ruined your hen do is a bit OTT! N like someone said before if u still weren't happy you should of said at the time n maybe u wud have a different view of them!
They gave u the treatment for free what more did u want? X

I told her i was a therapist as she asked a mnd i felt no reason to lie about it. I didnt say it ruined my hen do, just felt a bit let down and only mentioned it to manager as he was sat outside in the spa area and started chatting to us. I didnt ask for the treatment free but didnt want to pay for a 25 min treatment when i didnt recieve that. Dont think it was the fact i was a therapist tho as the friend who went in after me was unhappy and she volunteered the info, i didnt ask. She was nearly in tears and refusing to get back in jacuzzi as she'd been told she had a highly infectious patch of skin on her back so couldnt be treated in that area, it was just natural pigmentation.
& lastly i didnt want more than free treatment and i have only gotten round to asking now as the following day i broke my leg badly so have had hospital visits, wedding and honeymoon since so been rather busy and wondered what people woyld have done put in my position.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

What about your second facial?
Was it better?

I didnt get a second one as they where fully booked however they didnt charge for the first. Sorry didnt word it very well x

This is all I do for an express facial.

What did you hope for in a 25 minute treatment?

If a therapist performing a treatment asked me what my job was I would tell her but I wouldn't voluteer it.

Do you feel you wanted to do more? Did you want the management to go further?

I simply hoped for 25 mins of treatment and to get the same level of treatment as the others did as the cost was the same. She asked what i did for a living so i saw no reason to lie x

They shouldn't b telling people tht they have an infectious skin condition either as they r not qualified to do so! Now I know y u kicked off!

I had a Decleor facial once in a dept store. The treatment was supposed to be an hour long! I got 40mins. I didn't tell the therapist I was one too as I wanted to relax & enjoy it. But she talked the whole way through it. When she applied my mask, she sat at my head flicking through paperwork and scribbling! I wasn't very happy!

I had a Decleor facial once in a dept store. The treatment was supposed to be an hour long! I got 40mins. I didn't tell the therapist I was one too as I wanted to relax & enjoy it. But she talked the whole way through it. When she applied my mask, she sat at my head flicking through paperwork and scribbling! I wasn't very happy!

I think Decleor facial in department store is free of charge if you buy two or more products and meant to show you how to use the products so maybe that's why you didnt find the treatment relaxing.
x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back