Powder or oil pre wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzy13

Reaction score
Hiya everyone, i have been doing waxing on and off for over 15 years and have always used powder before applying the wax but i have been reading on here that you can you an oil pre wax.

can anyone tell me the pro's of using the oil. i am ordering the PR warm wax soon and wondered is it ok to use with powder or do you have to use the jasmine oil.

OOh also is there any good tutorial on you tube that shows how to do a brazilian with PR wax or any hot wax, i have looked but cant seem to find one done by a professional.

Thanks for reading hope youu can help xx:)
Thank you so much for reading this, hope you can help xx

use the oil - it prevents the wax sticking to the skin and it's what PR was designed for.

Plus there are link with talcum powder and ovarian cancer.

x

PR recommend Jasmine oil which is a really light mineral oil and works well underneath both the warm wax and the non strip waxes. You can however use any type of oil underneath your wax; baby oil, or a light massage oil. Just use a tiny amount and blot any excess with a tissue before applying your wax , if there is too much oil the wax lipid barrier will prevent the wax from gripping the hair.

HTH Jack

OOh also is there any good tutorial on you tube that shows how to do a brazilian with PR wax or any hot wax, i have looked but cant seem to find one done by a professional.

No... because it shows the genital area and that isn't permitted on YouTube - Lori Nestore posted one and they took it down (as we all knew they would) in about 12-24 hours...

You can buy her DVD though - it's very good :)

thank you guys for your advice, this really is an amazing site, i never stop learning xxx

No... because it shows the genital area and that isn't permitted on YouTube - Lori Nestore posted one and they took it down (as we all knew they would) in about 12-24 hours...

You can buy her DVD though - it's very good :)

Such a shame it was taken down too because it was a very informative video

hi i to have a query reguarding oil i use roller wax and sometimes have trouble pulling the wax off usually the legs it sticks to the legs so i presume the oil would help with this but i just have trouble getting my head around putting this on 1st as when i did my training many moons ago you was taught to wipe anything off the area and i know if they've had any bodycream on you have trouble with the wax so can anyone enlighten me please ???

hi i to have a query reguarding oil i use roller wax and sometimes have trouble pulling the wax off usually the legs it sticks to the legs so i presume the oil would help with this but i just have trouble getting my head around putting this on 1st as when i did my training many moons ago you was taught to wipe anything off the area and i know if they've had any bodycream on you have trouble with the wax so can anyone enlighten me please ???
Try a little oil underneath the wax on the legs and you will find it makes it a lot easier, you only want a small amount on your glove and just rubbed over the skin and it should help you lift the wax off much easier.

I personally find rollers very difficult to use and especially on the lower leg and I always prefer a pot and spatula but I know that lots of therapists love them and get on really well with them.

HTH Jack

I'm with you Jack :) I trained with rollers mainly and having then gone to try pot and spatula I find that SO much better! Now I pretty much don't use my rollers *sigh*
I find them hard to use with oil under, but I hate how they can drag on the skin with powder... I just find the pot and spatula better for me :) I know what I'm doing with them and I guess a lot is just down to each therapists style and preference :D

thanks i will try -it only happens occasionally so i put it down to their skin or the climate i generally find roller much easier and find clients prefer how easy it glides x

Latest posts

Back