TS50 Spray Tan, LA Tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmalou91x

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently bought the ts50 kit from la tanning. My training isnt until another 2 weeks :( but i had a little go on my mum, it turned out ok so was quite pleased.
But what number do most people have the gun on? Just an idea to start.

Thanks

I would suggest you wait for your training as we cant advise " consumers" on the use of professional equipment and until you have completed your training you are still classified as a consumer in this particular field. I know you are already a beauty professional but unfortunately I am sure you are aware of the insurance implications as a start if something goes amiss before qualified.

Sorry, good luck witht the training and I am sure you will do great. Let us know how it goes

Hi, It was just i have a few friends that want a spray tan and was just wondering what the best setting was generally. I wasnt planning on doing any public without proper training or insurance. I am very fussy about things like that and doing everything the right way lol. I was just going to practise a little on friends before my training as i just cant wait and counting down the days.

Thanks

Even though you want to tan your friends you really should wait until after your training to do this as you don't yet know what the contraindications are for tanning - would you want to spray a friend and something happen to them because you couldn't wait?

How would you feel if your friend had a severe reaction to your tan? What would you do?

You know we will help you as soon as you have done your training but you really do need to step away from the kit and wait.

You will also need friends to practice on after your training so it really is best to wait for both you & them.

Tanning looks so easy but I'm sure you have noticed that there are constantly threads being posted by therapists that are having issues, if tanning was as easy as it looks then there would be an awful lot less posts on here about it.

Ok thank you to everyone for replying. Its one of those things that i cant wait and just think well what about this and that? lol. Even after my traning im still going to need to be advised for the best setting etc...
I have done 2 years of beauty covering man, peds, waxing, tinting, waxing etc... so i do know about most contra-indications and contra-actions as this was drummed into us lol. i havent just decided to do spray tanning and not know about the others things.
My friend has just done the training (i couldnt get on the course as it was full) so she has basically gone through most things, but she has the ts20 so couldnt advise me of the setting either.

Thanks

There was a post on her a little while ago where a tech had been shown how to tan by a qualified friend, when things went wrong, she came on here for help, no friend in site to help her out. Would you tell someone trying to do eyelashes what to do or how to do it if she were not qualified? Or show someone how to wax, just on friends and family? Or even how to do Gel nails without the proper training? You say you know the contra-indications and that your friend showed you. Well it makes me wonder why on earth we waste our hard earned cash on training, we can just ring your friend and have a little go..... :o:D

Don't mean to sound harsh, and I realise how dificult it is to be patient but there are many ways to practice without inflicting your lack of knowledge on loved ones. Use the couch roll trick, or the shower and diluted solution. No-one can teach you how to use your gun better than practice and experience. Hope you havent taken my reply to heart but please take it in the way it was meant, be serious and responsible about your new venture.

Even though you want to tan your friends you really should wait until after your training to do this as you don't yet know what the contraindications are for tanning - would you want to spray a friend and something happen to them because you couldn't wait?

How would you feel if your friend had a severe reaction to your tan? What would you do?

You know we will help you as soon as you have done your training but you really do need to step away from the kit and wait.

You will also need friends to practice on after your training so it really is best to wait for both you & them.

Tanning looks so easy but I'm sure you have noticed that there are constantly threads being posted by therapists that are having issues, if tanning was as easy as it looks then there would be an awful lot less posts on here about it.

Well said

Latest posts

Back