Wax not waxing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dani miller

Reaction score
Hi ladies, a little long winded, apologies!!

Today I had a client (who turned out to be a beautician from Sydney) and she wanted an underarm wax and leg wax. I use the PhD system and I hadn't had any problems until today of all days!! The wax was so runny and wouldn't cool when applied, it was very sticky and gooey! So I had to abandon the underarm and the planned leg wax!!

Does anyone know why this may be?? It has been very humid today but I did have the window open. I am so disheartened and feel as though I'm wasting my time!!!

Thanks x

Had you knocked the temperature by mistake on your heater? X

No I don't think so, I have always been told to keep it on 8-9 as I was using honey wax! Xx

It's years since I used phd is it still in the tubes that you slot into the heater and put the applicator on the end? I don't remember it been honey wax x

Yeah it's still exactly the same!! And I got honey wax with the kit. I feel completely lost!! I'm unsure whether to try another type of wax that operates at a lower temp? Xx

Maybe just try your honey wax at a lower temp? We're your tubes full or half empty? X

It was half full I think?! Would having full tubes effect the way the wax performed? X

I think that's your problem it won't affect how your wax performs apart from I find I have to adjust my heater during the day to how much wax I have in there so less wax will heat a lot quicker and it will be runnier x

Okay thanks I will try that!! Xx

Latest posts

Back