Tan and Dove, what's the ingredient

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynn amber

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the actual ingredient is thats in dove that strips tan :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Would it be the oil! ? X

More than likely..1/4 moisturising stuff! Only problem is its likely to be mineral oil based, which as we know isn't at all good for a tan!
x

But u we know the name or names of the ingredients

Anyone :-D

All I can suggest is to get the list of ingredients from their website and cross reference it against the list of products to avoid in the members article section. I would do it if had the time but wont have a chance to get round to it for a few days. There was also a thread on here where other members added to the list so have a little search and if you find it before one of us.....
Let us know

I had a quick little look yesterday at the ingredient list and there is a lot of stuff in there deisgned to clean your skin, dry your skin out and then remoisturise

Maybe one of our solution manufacturers can hop on board here and let us know how these ingredients react with or affect the spray tan solutions

Perfect thanks ladies ,if we know if any other ingredients that are a no no with tan then let us know ,goin to keep a list to give to my clients to avoid :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
If you read the link then you will know the names of several AHA's names.

There are natural and synthetic versions so there are many different names.

Ok so all the acids that are named are thay all ahas :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
The most common & simple are glycolic acid, lactic acid, aitric acid, mandelic acid.

AHA's reduce cell adhesion in the top layer of the skin. This action promotes exfoliation of the outermost layer of the skin accounting for smoother texture following regular use of topical application.

Therefore the tan washes off.

Latest posts

Back