Help with HVLP tanning airbrush compressor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bella771

Reaction score
Hi

I am using a HVLP AIRBRUSH COMPRESSOR Model: ACS-AH28AK

I find the mist that comes off it while tanning is really bad for me and for my clients as its very strong. Does anyone know if this is normal or if there is anything i can do about it? I have cleaned gun etc and changed hose but still the same. I have contacted the company where i purchased it from several times as i have a 1 year warranty with it but no reply! this is really annoying , it gives a lovely tan and all its just the mist thats not good. Anyone have any ideas or recomandations on what to do? Do any use these airbrush compressors for tanning?

Thanks a lot

Hi Bella,

Airbrush systems produce a much smaller particulate than standard HVLP systems. This is why you see the mist. Unfortunately you should really have an extraction booth, they cost between £1100 to £4000.

Airbrush systems give a great result but so do good quality HVLP systems and they are faster.

Also different solutions produce different levels of overspray. One of the first things people notice about our solutions is that there is virtually no overspray.

You and your colleagues should wear masks and you should provide your clients with nose filters. But I'd still look at some decent extraction. Or I guess you could bite the bullet and spend about £180 quid on a TS51, great little machine and a decent Helia gun.

True HVLP doesn't use a compressor it uses a turbine. Compressor based equipment are notoriously known for atomizing much of the product into a useless cloud of mist. But, there are cheaper and lots of people use em. I think a filtering/exhaust system would help you alot. You can try adjusting the pressure and material rates to get better results but if its as much as it sounds its more likely you need to upgrade equipment or install a vent fan at the least. I hope i helped a little!!

Latest posts

Back