Quick question, spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josie..

Reaction score
Hi guys :)
I've got four girls to do tonight and they all will be having different %'s i'm just wondering when I change cups too a different % do I need to clean my gun through? When I've finished a tan there's always a small amount left in pick up tube, sorry if this is an obvious question but I'm lost :)

I don't change cups, use the lowest % first and always test on couch roll between each client x

Hi

I dont wash the cup throughly I would put large amounts back into the litre bottle then any excess wipe with couch roll, before you spray your client spray at the side of the client on to the tent to push through any thats in the pick up tube!

Good luck.

Leela

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much was thinking they'd end up patchy & really didn't want to clean my gun in a clients house. Thanks for the quick replies the joys of a school run x

Yes some of us are early birds, I like to come on here first thing before the day gets hectic.

Good luck, I am sure it is going be great

You can get lids for spare tan holders. I would quickly rinse gun, dry then after changing solution spray a little onto paper towel.

Though if this was me I would use an express solution so I could change the results by the time left on client rather than the solution...

You can get lids for spare tan holders. I would quickly rinse gun, dry then after changing solution spray a little onto paper towel.

Though if this was me I would use an express solution so I could change the results by the time left on client rather than the solution...

Agree with the last part, I've just changed to a new solution so I can only use a rapid tan & change timings to suit the client x

I always start with the lighter %'s and have the different %'s in different solution cups. After each tan, I unscrew the cup, put my finger on the trigger (with the machine off obviously lol) and the solution left in the pick up tube trickles out into the cup, I then swap cups and spray through on to a couch roll and carry on as normal and do this after each different % at a party :) xxx

I always start with the lighter %'s and have the different %'s in different solution cups. After each tan, I unscrew the cup, put my finger on the trigger (with the machine off obviously lol) and the solution left in the pick up tube trickles out into the cup, I then swap cups and spray through on to a couch roll and carry on as normal and do this after each different % at a party :) xxx
Exactly what I do. Different percents have their own cups with lids (each marked underneath with a sharpy so I can see which is which). I start with the lowest percent (10%) and spray all the people for that percent then move up to the next percent (12%) and then up again if there is anyone having my highest percent (14% or the fast tan).

I don't clean the gun out, I just pull the trigger to release the solution in the pick up tube and then I put the next cup onto the gun and ensure the lid is placed tightly onto the cup I have just removed. I then pull through the solution onto couch roll or kitchen roll and start the next client.

Exactly what I do. Different percents have their own cups with lids (each marked underneath with a sharpy so I can see which is which). I start with the lowest percent (10%) and spray all the people for that percent then move up to the next percent (12%) and then up again if there is anyone having my highest percent (14% or the fast tan).

I don't clean the gun out, I just pull the trigger to release the solution in the pick up tube and then I put the next cup onto the gun and ensure the lid is placed tightly onto the cup I have just removed. I then pull through the solution onto couch roll or kitchen roll and start the next client.

i do exactly the same

Exactly the same :D my only difference is that I mark my cups with labels instead of a sharpy haha :)
X

Thanks for all the replies, I did exactly as you said glamour eyes and they're both over the moon this morning, it's safe to say i'm confident enough to start charging the full price and have 3 girls tomorrow :D I used the after dark suntana yesterday which I was nervous about but it's come out lovely!! I love this site it's so helpful :) xxxxx

I haven't tried a rapid tan yet it's on my to do list as soon as my sisters last tans off :) x

Thanks for all the replies, I did exactly as you said glamour eyes and they're both over the moon this morning, it's safe to say i'm confident enough to start charging the full price and have 3 girls tomorrow :D I used the after dark suntana yesterday which I was nervous about but it's come out lovely!! I love this site it's so helpful :) xxxxx

Well done hun :D glad it went well for you :) xxxx

Latest posts

Back